amd video driver amdkmdap not responding under Defend of Frontier

by MauroMok

Original Post

Accepted Solution

amd video driver amdkmdap not responding under Defend of Frontier

★★ Novice

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Freezee game during game (Windows 10 x64 1703, i7, AMD 7870M)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have gamed for lot of time without error. But from last update (Frontiers), during the game, often in the 3-4 wave of enemy, the game freeze.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can press "Windows" key on the keyboard, and logoff the Windows user. Otherwise, if I open the Task Manager, I don't kill the task "Titan Fall 2".
What do you expect to see? ?

Message 1 of 4 (1,712 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: amd video driver amdkmdap not responding under Defend of Frontier

Community Manager

@MauroMok Hey, can you try updating your drivers? 17.9.1 was released yesterday and includes the following  in its fixed issues notes: 

• Titanfall™ 2 may experience a hang or crash on some Radeon GCN1.0 series graphics products.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release...

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (2,543 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have try to reduce a resolution from "1920x1080" to "1600x900" and select "low" to all options of detail.
I have try to use the previus driver AMD version, because after "Defens of frontier" I don't have this issue.

Message 2 of 4 (1,708 Views)

Community Manager

@MauroMok Hey, can you try updating your drivers? 17.9.1 was released yesterday and includes the following  in its fixed issues notes: 

• Titanfall™ 2 may experience a hang or crash on some Radeon GCN1.0 series graphics products.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 4 (2,544 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much,

After installing new drivers, you are no longer experiencing the problem.

Message 4 of 4 (1,555 Views)