Zader DOTS decreasing in GA

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? samsung s8
OS Version current
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 536-145-637
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug In grand arena I had a Zader lead team going against a KRU 1st order squad...I was down to Wampa and vader vs Kylo ren (the masked version). I had 10 DOTs on him and he was going down quickly...I did force crush to add a few more DOTs and the total DOTs went to 5...I know KR generats speed with debuffs and he turned around and beat me...I'm pretty sure the DOTs shouldn't have decreased...cost me a squad and the round in GA...I'm not sure how repeatable this is...I probably wouldn't risk trying to get myself into that situation again.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put Wampa with Zader lead vs KR...stack DOTs and see if any disappear.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

In grand arena I had a Zader lead team going against a KRU 1st order squad...I was down to Wampa and vader vs Kylo ren (the masked version). I had 10 DOTs on him and he was going down quickly...I did force crush to add a few more DOTs and the total DOTs went to 5...I know KR generats speed with debuffs and he turned around and beat me...I'm pretty sure the DOTs shouldn't have decreased...cost me a squad and the round in GA...I'm not sure how repeatable this is...I probably wouldn't risk trying to get myself into that situation again.

Message 1 of 7 (472 Views)

Re: Zader DOTS decreasing in GA

@EA_HighCommand wouldn't that still be a bug?

Vader's leadership doesn't discriminate based on the source of the DOT. Squads like "Wampanader" leverage all the DOTs from Wampa with Vader's leadership in order to deal lots of damage to HAAT, and it only works because Wampa's DOTs also renew themselves upon expiration.

EA Live QV Team

You are absolutely right @GladOS-013, didn't think of that, my bad Frown

Going to do more testing around it.

Message 3 of 7 (442 Views)

★ Guide

Even though the ability states:
"While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them."

They don't actually come back immediately they come back at round end

zDV lead

Most DoTs "expire" at turn start, including those reapplied from DV zeta lead ability

I don't know what the attacks that happened where but could have went something like this
1. Kylo Ren had 10 dots set to expire on his next turn start

2. DV used Force crush and applied 3 more DoT's (13 DoT's)

3. Kylo Ren turn started (10 of 13 DoT's expired) also because he had 13 DoT's that he took damage from he gained 195% offense + whatever else based on previous attacks
4. Kylo Ren used Outrage which gave him 2 more DoT's (total of 5 now) and killed DV

5. Since DV was killed before the round end the 10 DoT's that expired did not comeback so Kylo Ren was left with 5 DoT's

Sadly no video because in 4x speed it can be hard to see what happens between Players last action and AI next action.

Message 4 of 7 (431 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @scuba75 and yes, that would absolutely make sense, if Vader was killed during Kylo ren's turn. The DOTs expire at the start of a character's turn and are re-applied at the end of the turn.

@iNomss Was that the scenario described by scuba75 what happened?

Message 5 of 7 (427 Views)

★★★ Novice

Vader and Wampa were both alive when the DOTs went down...but they both did die sadly and eventually.  One culling blade with 12 DOTs should have done the trick.  I don't have video of the event, or any good way to test on my end but I swear I can count/read and it went down.  

Thank you very much for looking into this, it is all way above my head.  I'm going to try and not use Zader against FO for the meanwhile, but I hope if there are issues you guys can figure it out.

Message 6 of 7 (419 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @iNomss and no worries, we trust your observation skills =).

We've done some more edge case testing but were yet unable to reproduce the issue on our side.

Message 7 of 7 (403 Views)