Yoda's Presence

by MiniPlate990253

Original Post

Yoda's Presence

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Can no longer use presence to break out of abilities like choke, freeze, and stun.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Equinox
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 10/3/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 7:30pm - 8:00pm
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? EAT - GMT + 3:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play HvV as Yoda and get frozen or some other freeze ability
What happens when the bug occurs? It doesn't give health or breaks out of ability. You have to wait for it to end the you activate it.
What do you expect to see? Working right
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

You all wanted Yoda nerfed well you got your wish.

Message 1 of 11 (2,630 Views)

Yodas presence no longer frees him from any immobilising affect

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yodas presence ability no longer frees him from any immobilising effect despite the description

Message 2 of 11 (2,556 Views)

Re: Yodas presence no longer frees him from any immobilising affect

★★★★★ Apprentice
@wcaug42 is it just me, or does it seem like several things interrupt Presence now? And there are other bugs that are ruining game play/strategy since the new cooldown/ability interruption mechanic was introduced:
1. Activating Presence when pushed/pulled. Before the patch, Yoda would still heal, but of course also get pushed/pulled. Now, pushes/pulls cancel the activation of Presence. Honestly, I think activating Presence at the right time should prevent him from getting pushed/pulled anyways (like a block).
2. Lightsaber attacks sometimes cancel activation? Maybe it was just lag? Again, I feel Presence should still activate anyways, even when staggered from an attack/ability.
3. This one is harder for me to identify, but during large fights (when 4+ players are in the same cluster F@$&). I was not being attacked, there were other force abilities being activated, but none that "hit" Yoda, and when I activated Presence, nothing happened, and the icon just "bumps" like you can't activate.
Message 3 of 11 (2,487 Views)

Yoda: Presence: not activating/no release from immobilizing effects

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Several bugs now that abilities "refund" if interrupted. 1) does not activate during battle sometimes (even when nothing is interrupting like attacks or abilities) 2) does not activate and free Yoda from choke, freeze, etc. anymore 3) in addition to Soccer ball, sometimes even animation will play, and audio will play, but Presence does not actually activate 4) "BREAK FREE" ANIMATION IS TOO SLOW. Even before this bug appeared, if you broke free from choke/freeze, the time it takes for Yoda to fall and get back up is a waste. By the time Yoda is mobile again, everyone else choked/frozen is mobile again too.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? jonny_boy_705
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? Every time I play since the September update
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Every time I try to use Presence
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? CST - GMT - 6:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Activate presence when under the effect of Choke, Freeze, Idens Droid, Phasmas droid, etc.it will not release you from the effect, will not even heal, the icon just animates and makes the "unavailable" sound Activate presence when blocking attacks. Sometimes it activates, sometimes it does not.
What happens when the bug occurs? i.e Yoda is currently being choked by Vader. If you try to activate Presence, the icon will "bump" and make an unavailable sound, and simply not activate. To make things worse, sometimes it continues to fail even after the immobilizing effect is over. Yoda will fall from being choked/frozen, and the same thing happens several times, and presence does not activate. i.e. during battle, you activate Presence, and Yoda will animate and you hear the sound of the heal, but the ability reverts to being available again and health buff never appears, wasting time, and exposing Yoda for attack
What do you expect to see? During a choke, freeze, or other immobilizing effect, when Presence is activated, Yoda will break free, heal all allies in range, and be completely mobile again. During battle, if being attacked or not, if other force abilities are being activated or not, if Presence is activated, Yoda will heal all allies in range.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number N/A

Yoda is the funnest hero to play as, in my opinion, but Presence not operating correctly is a game breaker. Other bugs, like the one mentioned below, allow you to plan accordingly (i.e. not dashing too close to an edge with a drop).

Yoda, in general, has the most bugs of all the heroes/villains. His animations can be choppy depending on the nearby geometry or if he falls off a ledge, partly because of his size in comparison to the other playable characters (i.e. dashing off the edge of a platform results in Yoda coming to an abrupt stop, mid air, at the end of the dash, and falling down vertically, with no velocity from the dash. Maul has a similar effect, but not as often as far as I can tell. On the contrary, if Yoda dashes, followed by a jump, the dash-velocity carries over and propels Yoda in the direction of the dash when he jumps, even if the cursor is facing another direction. Dashing/jumping physics are done very well. Dashing off edges physics are choppy looking, and result in difficult gameplay).

Message 4 of 11 (2,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I absolutely agree, mid fight presence is so difficult to activate now, it use to be an amazing ability. like vader or obi wan become immovable while using there abilities i think yodas presence should not be able to be interrupted, his push and block can be unreliable please don’t mess up his presence 

Message 5 of 11 (2,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The collision detection of all force abilities is a problem now, along with the lightsaber stamina 

Message 6 of 11 (2,467 Views)

Re: Yoda's Presence

★★★★★ Newbie

Same bug since last update .... from france 

Message 7 of 11 (2,464 Views)

Re: Yoda: Presence: not activating/no release from immobilizing effects

★★★★★ Expert

I tested his Presence and indeed it has completely lost its ability to break through immobilization or forced movement effects.

Message 8 of 11 (2,455 Views)

Re: Yoda's Presence

★★★★★ Expert

I can confirm this issue happens on my end as well. This is the second report on the same issue that I reply to today. I think some report merging could be done on these so we have a single place to reply to @EA_Blueberry 

Message 9 of 11 (2,444 Views)

Re: Vader’s choke

Community Manager

@wcaug42 wrote:

Why does darth vader not receive a damage reduction while exposed by choke yet Obi-wan does receive one while charging his push 

This is from the patch notes:

Darth Vader:

• Removed Darth Vader’s damage reduction during the Force Choke ability.

I'll get some information around Yoda's Presence for you all. 

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 11 (2,331 Views)