Xbox one x overheats and shuts down due to game being stronger then the hardware

by zchret

Original Post

Re: Xbox one x overheats and shuts down due to game being stronger then the hard

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for all the info on this, everyone. I've passed it on to the appropriate teams. When there's some news, I'll post it here. If you guys have any more details to add, please do.

Aljo.png
Message 31 of 52 (2,492 Views)

Re: Xbox one x overheats and shuts down due to game being stronger then the hard

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Thank you for taking a look at this issue and passing the info on.
Message 32 of 52 (2,471 Views)

★ Guide

@zchret wrote:
@CA1-PAINLESSWhen u say lock up what do you mean by that like the console is frozen untill you shut the power off?

It locks up for a split second, the screen goes black, and then it puts itself into a reboot. Happens on coop only- i may have been using Seperatist.

starfigjter assault is fine, I have put hours in on tjat today with no lockups. Lockup/forced reboot only hapens for me, in coop.

Message 33 of 52 (2,408 Views)

★★ Novice

Me and my friend also just experienced this.. 10 minutes apart, one in the UK, one in the US. Just playing a few casual HvV games and the Xbox sounds like its gonna take off and then auto-shuts.

We are both also running X1X Scorpio editions.

Message 34 of 52 (2,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a Xbox one a and every time I try to play hero’s v villains it shuts off randomly all the time and sometimes it will work then there are days it doesn’t work at all as soon as I get in to a game like 2-3 minutes later it will randomly shut off I’ve played on my friends other consoles and it did the same thing for them. I talked to a Microsoft support rep and they said that it has to be server bugs 

Message 35 of 52 (2,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My xbox and my friend's does the same thing. We just bought the battlefront 2 this month and both of our xbox one x's shut off at random times when playing. It also says that there is a ventilation error when I reboot the xbox, I have a cooling fan next to my xbox to prevent this from happening. This mainly occurs during the heroes vs. villains games.

Message 36 of 52 (2,295 Views)

★ Guide
@FruitCream I am now able to reproduce this at will by using Grievous’s “unrelenting advance” power.
Message 37 of 52 (2,250 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Aljo Was this resolved?
Message 38 of 52 (2,133 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me all the time I can’t play the game without it shutting off my Xbox 1x no other games cause my Xbox to overheat

Message 39 of 52 (2,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Aljo wrote:

Thanks for all the info on this, everyone. I've passed it on to the appropriate teams. When there's some news, I'll post it here. If you guys have any more details to add, please do.

@EA_Aljo 

The issue remains. Just had it happen recently. I stopped playing anything with grievous in it for many weeks. Just tried it again to see if the recent patches helped. They have not. The only way I can play this game without lockup’s is if I play Starfighter assault , OR if I play classic eras.

the minute general grievous is an available player, if someone uses him, and then uses “unrelenting advance” the power where his blades spin around, there is a very good chance my entire system will SHUT DOWN. 

Others  are having the same  issue. 

steps to reproduce:

get an Xbox launch edition

have someone use unrelenting advance in an online game like galactic assault.

wham, entire system shuts down, requiring the system to be turned on again. And then there is a warning message about overheating when turned back on. 

this only happens with unrelenting advance

Does not happen with any other game

star fighter assault and maps without grievous are fine.

Message 40 of 52 (1,992 Views)