Xbox game chat bug post update 3/29/2022

by LilDib_TV

Original Post

Re: Xbox Series S game chat hasn't worked for me over a week.

★★★ Novice

The 75gb update which did what seems like nothing but a resolution.

I had to fix audio and the game chat hasn't worked since.

Message 41 of 435 (1,666 Views)

Re: xbox game chat doesn’t work at all

★ Apprentice

There's no real interest in our problem .

It's been nine days and we still haven't received an answer , nice ! .

Message 42 of 435 (1,955 Views)

Voice chat isnt working

★★★ Newbie

Ever since the next gen update my voice chat isnt working and teammates cant hear me or it’s distorted. I cant play with friends and talk to them because of this. I figured the next patch would resolve it but nothing has been done.

Message 43 of 435 (1,950 Views)

Mic not working after forced to go through Next Gen update on Xbox Series X.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had to change my Voice & Audio setting likes others to get rid of the DOUBLE AUDIO issue, but my mic has still yet to work. Even after todays mini update for the new ranked split starting and changing my Voice & Audio settings back on my Xbox... still no mic. Super annoying as I am a person who likes to verbally communicating when there is a team on me while pings take forever. Just because not everyone uses mics with random's. I do. So fix it maybe?

• Xbox Series X
  • Gamertag: Ms Bandetta
  • What were you doing leading up to the issue? ~>   : Forced to update unlike PS5 players :')
Message 44 of 435 (1,958 Views)

Game Chat not working (Xbox Series X)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Apex game chat is completely broken for me. Most of the time people in my apex game chat can't hear me at all, and when they can hear me, they say my voice sounds distant and keeps cutting in and out. Voice chat works perfectly in Xbox party chat, just not in Apex game chat. I can't play with my friend who plays on ps4 because we can't communicate. The in-game mic icon doesn't light up at all when I say anything. I've tried every possible solution that I could find for this issue to no avail. My headset is the official Xbox headset and it's brand new, as well as my system. It works for other games in-game chat, but not Apex Legends.

Things I tried -

-Hard reset of all my hardware (Xbox and headset).

-Alternating MAC address

-Port forwarding the recommended ports for Apex Legends on Xbox Series X on my router

-Changing DNS settings

-Ensuring NAT Type is OPEN

-Deleted saved data for Apex from console & restarted Apex

-Checked for updates for my controller and my headset

-Re-installing Apex Legends

-Creating a different Xbox account and EA account

-Numerous other headsets

-Setting a static IP for Xbox Series X

-Made sure my mic works everywhere else (it does)

-Made sure voice-to-text is off

-Toggled voice chat off and back on in Apex settings

-Factory reset Xbox Series X and re-installed Apex legends (again)

-Performed hard reset on my router/modem multiple times

Nothing worked. And I've been trying desperately just to be able to play with my cross-platform friend.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Message 45 of 435 (1,944 Views)

Re: Game Chat not working (Xbox Series X)

★★★ Newbie
@lunaratias When you get a fix let me
Know cause I’m having the same
Issue.
Message 46 of 435 (1,904 Views)

Re: Xbox Series S game chat hasn't worked for me over a week.

★★★ Newbie
@H3412t I believe this is just a Xbox issue. Same for me, sound distant or static or cutting in and out. However party chat works perfectly fine. PS4 players , I can hear with no issue period.
Message 47 of 435 (1,902 Views)

Re: Xbox game chat bug post update 3/29/2022

★★★ Newbie
@LilDib_TV Same issue here bud
Message 48 of 435 (1,884 Views)

Re: xbox game chat doesn’t work at all

★★★ Newbie

Try checking for a controller update, I had the same issue, updated controller now game chat is working 95% of the time (odd cut out every so often) worth a try considering EA won't help Standard smile 

Message 49 of 435 (1,875 Views)

Re: Xbox game chat bug post update 3/29/2022

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue since the next gen update. Tried 3 different headsets. Tried Uninstalling and re installing. Tried firmware updates. Tried restarts. Tried power cycling. Tried literally everything and all I get is. Work with us. From EA

Message 50 of 435 (1,858 Views)