Xbox game chat bug post update 3/29/2022

by LilDib_TV

Original Post

Re: Cross Play Game Chat does not work on Xbox Series X

★ Apprentice
everyone who owns an xbox series s-x has this problem since the last update " nex-gen" .
Message 31 of 435 (2,091 Views)

Re: Cross Play Game Chat does not work on Xbox Series X

★★★ Apprentice

My brother (Xbox X) has the same issue. My son and I on our PCs hear him sporadically.  Sometimes his words are clipped or missing, there's a strange static, and sometimes his words are very fast and high pitched.

I have to have him repeat himself about 3 times every sentence.

Message 32 of 435 (2,491 Views)

Re: Xbox series X/S Game Chat not Working

★★★ Newbie
@nquintero I have same issue on my xbox series S.
It's so annoying , i could hear my party members in game before yesterday update. But now i can't even hear any one voice in the game.
Plz fix this mic , voice , party problems!
Message 33 of 435 (2,435 Views)

apex game chat

★★★ Newbie

My game chat on Xbox is not working crossplay, when I am in an Xbox party it works fine but when I play Apex it does not let me talk, I can hear people though.

Message 34 of 435 (2,448 Views)

Xbox Series X|S game chat is unusable

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? LotusFistLGN
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. phatcatlaura
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Not legend dependent
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Not legend dependent
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Not related to any specific part of the map, just an overall issue.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Issue overall, no trigger.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? None
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29.03.22 MDT
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Mic audio is not properly being picked up and shared with the party. Audio is robotic, or not picked up at all. Consistent with all Xbox players on the next-Gen version.
What should be happening instead? Mic should be clear, the in-game mic icon should light up.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Any game with an Xbox player on the next-Gen version is having this issue as far as I can tell from other social media. You can confirm this is happening if the Xbox player can see the microphone icon is not displaying that audio is being picked up, which happens in-game and the lobby.

It’s hard to get a clip of this issue because the native screen recording of Xbox and PlayStation don’t allow recording for privacy reasons, so this will be tough to relay. 

Essentially, the Xbox microphone audio on the next-gen version is not able to be properly heard by others in a game chat. It is either very staticky or not picked up whatsoever, regardless of what mic setup is being used and if it is on a Series X or Series S. There is no distinct trigger, and in fact will be present no matter where in the game my party is, be it the lobby or in a match. 

IMPORTANT: This is a different issue than the doubled audio that is fixed by changing the audio to STEREO UNCOMPRESSED. It is also taking place regardless of which headphones and mic are being used, different from the ASTRO A50 issue. There is nothing that has alleviated it, and the level of audio degradation progresses the longer we are in a party, though it only takes a matter of minutes before the party is unusable. 

I am more than happy to join with whoever I need to demonstrate this issue, and have other squad mates who would be willing as well. It is currently making partying impossible with any other platform, as the only solution is to leave the party audio entirely. 

Message 35 of 435 (2,448 Views)

xbox game chat doesn’t work at all

★ Apprentice
no announcement addressing the game chat problem with Xbox users , microphones on Xbox don't work after the update, other platforms users can't hear us on game chat , everyone on Xbox has thus problem .
Just let us know that you are aware of the problem !
Message 36 of 435 (2,464 Views)

My mic won’t work in apex legend

★★★ Newbie

I have a Xbox series x and while playing apex, my mic doesn’t appear to be working even though my headset indicated that the mic is on. This issue on occurs on apex but not other games.

Message 37 of 435 (2,431 Views)

Re: Xbox game chat bug post update 3/29/2022

★★★★★ Novice

This same issue is happening for me. I just bought a brand-new Xbox Series X, was excited to gets started playing Apex, and Apex game chat is completely borked for me. 99% of the time other people in my apex game chat can't hear me at all, and when they can hear me, they say my voice sounds distant and keeps cutting in and out. Voice chat works perfectly in Xbox party chat, just not in Apex game chat. I can't play with my friend who plays on ps4 because we can't communicate. The in-game mic icon doesn't light up at all when I say anything. I've tried every possible solution that I could find for this issue to no avail. My headset is the official Xbox headset and it's brand new, as well as my system. It works for other games in-game chat, but not Apex Legends.

Things I tried - 

-Hard reset of all my hardware (Xbox and headset). 

-Alternating MAC address

-Port forwarding the recommended ports for Apex Legends on Xbox Series X on my router

-Changing DNS settings

-Ensuring NAT Type is OPEN

-Deleted saved data for Apex from console & restarted Apex

-Checked for updates for my controller and my headset

-Re-installing Apex Legends 

-Creating a different Xbox account and EA account 

-Numerous other headsets

-Setting a static IP for Xbox Series X

-Made sure my mic works everywhere else (it does)

-Made sure voice-to-text is off

-Toggled voice chat off and back on in Apex settings

-Factory reset Xbox Series X and re-installed Apex legends (again)

-Performed hard reset on my router/modem multiple times

Nothing worked. And I've been trying desperately just to be able to play with my cross-platform friend. So you can see how frustrating this is, especially since I mainly bought this system for Apex Legends. I would just play on PC but I cannot compete with the keyboard and mouse players. 

Please help, EA. You're our only hope. 

Message 38 of 435 (2,380 Views)

Xbox Series S game chat hasn't worked for me over a week.

★★★ Novice

Why Isnt chat working for over a week on my Series S?

Message 39 of 435 (2,376 Views)

Re: Xbox Series S game chat hasn't worked for me over a week.

★ Apprentice

@H3412t I sat for three hours yesterday searching the internet on fixes, non worked, everything was working fine, but after the update Disappointed Disappointed

Message 40 of 435 (2,374 Views)