by LucDubbelman

Original Post

In Game Chat Issues between cros platform consoles

★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Xbox Series S
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Dovahween
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Any
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? None
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? In game audio chat is choppy and it is impossible to communicate in match between Xbox series S and Playstation 5. My teammate can hear me fine but I am unable to communicate properly with him because I cannot hear his responses. This seems to be an issue with other players as well since the upgrade on 3/29/2022 to the present. This severely impacts our ability to play as a team
What should be happening instead? I should be able to communicate with my team
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play on Xbox series s or x in a party with ps5 and try to communicate

Platform:Xbox Series S
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? 
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Lobby and in game any time
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? None
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 3/29/2022 12:00 est - present
What happens when the bug occurs? In game audio chat is choppy and it is impossible to communicate in match between Xbox series S and Playstation 5. My teammate can hear me fine but I am unable to communicate properly with him because I cannot hear his responses. This seems to be an issue with other players as well since the upgrade on 3/29/2022 to the present. This severely impacts our ability to play as a team.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to communicate with my team over in game chat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Message 11 of 435 (1,202 Views)

Re: Xbox game chat bug post update 3/29/2022

★★★ Apprentice

Seems like a lot of people having this issue any response going to be given on a timeline to fix? Solo ranked is impossible when I can’t direct my randoms. I’m just about at masters only have 4 days left of the split….

Message 12 of 435 (2,055 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am facing the same problem.

Unfortunately , we have not received an answer yet! .

Message 13 of 435 (2,033 Views)

★★ Novice

same thing here. Used the work around to fix game sounds but nothing fixes voice chat. This really sucks.

Message 14 of 435 (2,024 Views)

★★ Novice

I got the same problem

Message 15 of 435 (2,013 Views)

★★ Novice

i have the excact same problem..

Message 16 of 435 (2,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ea for once can you like fix an issue with your game when People start to see the issue instead waiting 2/3 weeks to fix it like This literally happens about every update.  It’s extremely difficult to play high competitive ranked lobbies when you can’t accurately talk to your teammates. Fix the damn game 

Message 17 of 435 (1,992 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.

I chatted with EA help today (04/03/22) and they had given me some steps. All that I have already done.

-make sure mic works elsewhere

-make sure voice-to-text is off

-make sure voice chat is enabled and the volume slider for voice channel is >0

-Uninstall and reinstall the game

After that they said.

"I was checking things at our end, and it seems that this issue of your is not a known issue, as in no reports have been submitted on our forums of there have been no update from the back-end team that such a problem exist. Since you are facing this issue, I will certainly take this opportunity to gather the information on the same and inform our team so that if in issue exist, it would certainly be resolved"

Clearly they did not see this forum.

I informed them of the few dozen people I've found on reddit with the same issue. And that is where he left it. Said they didn't need any more information.

I'm hoping this will gain some traction.

Message 18 of 435 (1,929 Views)

Game chat

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Fusedmin
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. All game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Every game till the update
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) March 28
What happens when the bug occurs? My squad mates say my game chat is laggy. If i switch to a Xbox private chat they can hear me fine. So the problem seems to be game related any suggestions on how to fix? Or will this be addressed in a patch?
What should be happening instead? I should be able to give clear coms
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Any patch that would corrected the audio defect both game audio and the game chat

Please advice 

Message 19 of 435 (1,899 Views)

Cross Play Game Chat does not work on Xbox Series X

★★★ Novice

Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? IM THE BATMAN92
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. MajinBuu45 (PS4)
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Ash
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Valk
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. All the time
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Starting on March 30th 2022 - Now
What happens when the bug occurs? My game chat audio is not being sent to my teamates. My teammates are unable to hear me and it causes my voice to sound like static. Sometimes I can get words or phrases out but for the most part I can not be heard. Things I have ruled out. 1.) I have tried 3 different headsets. Some bluetooth, some plugged in. The issue happened with both of them. (My primary headset is bluetooth though) 2.) I have tried using xbox to xbox party chat. This works fine. Which makes me think it's not a settings issue. 3.) I have tried re pairing my headset. Does not help 4.) I have tried rotating my xbox Mac address. It did not help 5.) I have tried hard restarting both my console and my headset. Does not help
What should be happening instead? My teammates should be able to hear me.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.) Turn on a bluetooth headset. 2.) Turn on apex 3.) Send a cross play invite to party members. (I was on series X, my two teammates were on ps4) 4.) Try and talk. They won't hear you.

The Issue

My game chat audio is not being sent to my teamates. My teammates are unable to hear me and it causes my voice to sound like static. Sometimes I can get words or phrases out but for the most part I can not be heard.

Things I have ruled out.

1.) I have tried 3 different headsets. Some bluetooth, some plugged in. The issue happened with both of them. (My primary headset is bluetooth though)

2.) I have tried using xbox to xbox party chat. This works fine. Which makes me think it's not a settings issue.

3.) I have tried re pairing my headset. Does not help

4.) I have tried rotating my xbox Mac address. It did not help

5.) I have tried hard restarting both my console and my headset. Does not help.

Message 20 of 435 (1,941 Views)