Xbox controller on pc apex sensitivity issues

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Gigabyte rtx 2070super gaming oc
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Slow04gt
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. None
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any legend
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/a
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Any where on the map in br mode also in training grounds
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Nothing in particular
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Everymatch issue
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12/12/19 CST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I noticed after work when i went to play some apex my controller sensitivity was way wrong. I play controller on pc. And even with the sensitivity turned all the way to 8 it was still slow. And the ads speed was way off as well
What should be happening instead? Sensitivity should be behave accordingly
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plug in a xbox controller via usb on pc and give it a go.

A S P

fhf

Message 1 of 11 (3,362 Views)

Re: Xbox controller on pc apex sensitivity issues

★★ Novice

Any news on how to fix this? Or am i screwed. Maybe just make the transition to MW lol

Message 2 of 11 (3,309 Views)

★★ Novice

Does EA actually monitor these questions or is this more of a community only help page? Not a single lead on this issue and its bee  Awhile since my post

Message 3 of 11 (3,281 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry that this got missed before. I'll be able to grab an Xbox One pad in a couple of hours and test this myself, but in the meantime it may help to reset your config file. 

You'll find it at C:\Users\*your user name*\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\profile, if you delete this it should create a new one from scratch, and you can see if this has any effect. 

If the issue persists, can I double check if inputs are properly picked up in other games?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 11 (3,267 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ooxANTIHEROxoo same problem with a ps4 controller on pc. i normally play on ps4 for apex, but when i swap to pc the sense is not the same, and when i try max sense its the same as 2 maybe 3 on ps4
Message 5 of 11 (3,230 Views)

★ Novice

Was this ever resolved?

Message 6 of 11 (3,114 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_David no follow up??????
Message 7 of 11 (3,069 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok. So apex legends has a deeper problem than controller sensitivity. I have fixed this problem but before i give everyone a fix for this issue, i want everyone to go experience the problem in training and then set the controller down and use your mouse and keyboard. The problem vanishes upon using the mouse. But the second you use the controller again it happens again. I believe they have failed at trying to regulate the aim assist. Cause the problem hasnt always been there. I even upgraded my gpu thinking my hardware was failing. Anyways my pc now is a i7 9700k and a gigabyte rtx 2080 super gpu. Monitor is alienware aw2518h.. and if i want to see more than 140fps i cant use controller. Cause that is when it starts. But my hardware is easily 240fps capable but sensitivity on controller is wrong at that fps. So if you go to the game launcher library and click advanced options and set launch option at +fps_max 144 it should fix your issue. 

Message 8 of 11 (3,026 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ooxANTIHEROxoo i have the same monitor. same issue setting the frame cap helped a ton, hopefully this issue will be resolved in a patch * forced to play capped
Message 9 of 11 (2,994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello. Has Apex done an update on this issue for controller users on pc? I don't want to play at a cap of 144 fps because my pc can go up to 240fps. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,734 Views)