Re: Xbox Series X Unexpected Error

by Crispy-_-Shotz

Original Post

Community Manager

@HarmGoesHam 

Video might help. You're welcome to submit it.

Aljo.png
Message 121 of 145 (337 Views)

Re: Xbox series X connection issues

★ Guide

If your playing on the Series X you have an internal SSD drive, Ive posted recently about issues with Unexpected errors occurring for players that have chel loaded on SSD drives.

Message 122 of 145 (336 Views)

Re: NHL and SSD Drive Unexpected Errors

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@PuckinNutz 

We're aware of the floating head issue and hope to have that resolved soon. If I have some news on either of these, I'll post an update.

Also, I'm going to merge this thread to the bigger one we have about this issue.

Aljo.png
Message 123 of 145 (336 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@HarmGoesHam Can confirm. I’ve tried uninstalling and redownloading as well. Didn’t work
When I moved the game to a external drive it appeared to have fixed the issue . So I thought .
But after a few games it happened again , and again.
It appears moving it to the external makes it happen less often for me but it still happens...
As a temporary fix/solution .
I’ve been suggesting ea makes club finals like regular season, so an unexpected error dosent result in a loss before puckdrop .
At least until a fix/patch is brought for the unexpected errors ...
Message 124 of 145 (329 Views)

Re: Club finals loss

★★★ Apprentice

Bump 

Message 125 of 145 (324 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Crispy-_-Shotz 

I believe it would be hard to implement as it's probably coded into the core as a separate entity. I'd assume it's all or nothing in terms of club finals.

I think we've verified it's an SSD issue.

Message 126 of 145 (323 Views)

★ Guide
@HarmGoesHam And what's weird is, I played NHL 20 on my Xbox one X using a external SSD and it happened on that too. Once I moved it back to the standard internal non SSD it's been rare if any since I had a UE.
Message 127 of 145 (314 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@PuckinNutz 

Wait you've confirmed the issue on 20 as well with SSD's?

Message 128 of 145 (303 Views)

★ Guide
@HarmGoesHam I've had unexpected errors on NHL20 and 21 on my Xbox One X...I have a USB SSD that I've always loaded my games on , helped load times. It got pretty bad on 21 that I had to try something different, that's when I moved the game back onto the original internal xbox hard drive that isn't a SSD , so far no issues.
Message 129 of 145 (291 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The good thing was . In 20 and 21 (regular season only ) if you get an error before puckdrop we could back out and not have it count as a loss .

so we didn’t care to complain .

it’s a serious issue now because it is now resulting in a loss because of club playoffs (20 days)

I strongly feel like this issue won’t be fixed if ur one x was having this issue in 20...

our best hope is to hope they revert club playoffs to how regular season is so it dosent count as a loss before puckdrop (when the errors occur )

Message 130 of 145 (269 Views)