Re: Xbox One X crashes and turns off completely when crates are opened

by ggibb65

Original Post

Re: Daily Crate shuts down XboneX

★ Apprentice

Another patch and this is still happening. Please help. How many times do we have to ask?

Message 31 of 98 (1,837 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this exact problem! Xbox one X crashes when opening crate. When restarted the xbox displays a message giving advice on it overheating. 

Message 32 of 98 (1,798 Views)

★ Apprentice

I report this after every patch that doesn't fix the problem. I report it here. I report it to Ben, EA Help and EA Star Wars on Twitter. I post about it on the game forums in the patch threads. Nobody has even acknowledged that it's still a thing for months.

I've given up on EA ever addressing this issue, but I wonder if Xbox support might take it up on our behalf?

Message 33 of 98 (1,785 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Loading the game mission Pillio my game will sound crash for several seconds and then completely shuts off the console. HELP? Can’t progress in story mode. 

Message 34 of 98 (1,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue on the Pillio mission uninstalled and reinstalled with no difference. Loads for ages hen audio stutters and Xbox turns itself off 😭 Can't carry on in the campaign

Message 35 of 98 (1,666 Views)

★ Apprentice

Been a while since I played the story, maybe this is a relatively new bug? I know I didn't get any issues with the campaign.

Message 36 of 98 (1,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Is anyone far enough into the campaign able to try loading that Discoveries Pillion mission from the mission select screen please? Curious to see if others have the same problen or if it only affects those up to that point so far.

I know of 3 others affected by the same issue so far, all in the last week on hitting that mission, and it's a hard crash to off mode for the console which is worrying.

Message 37 of 98 (1,620 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had this same problem. If you go back and replay the chapter before the game should then continue from there without crashing. I have done this and completed campaign. If it doesn't work the first time try it again. It will work. Best of luck.

Message 38 of 98 (1,605 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just tried to continue the story from where i left off months ago. shuts my xbox one x down completely. 3 times now. And its the only time its happened. Did anyone find a fix? I uninstalled the game and wont try it due to fear of ruining my xbox unless its fixed.

Message 39 of 98 (1,558 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I suggest you do what @Fuzzbap suggested. Contact Xbox support as well as EA. It sounds to me more like an Xb1 X problem more so than a game one. Could be caused by a recent xbox update.  

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."