Original Post

Xbox One Voice Chat Issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? JKoehle
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The entire game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Nothing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Voice chat does not work. When wearing a headset, teammates can not be heard nor can they hear the player. On the in-game settings, voice chat is enabled and the option to convert voice to text is disabled. The microphone icon is permanently lit up as if the player is speaking. Xbox setting have been verified to allow voice chat with all, and this problem does not persist in other games. This is an Apex-specific issue.
What should be happening instead? Voice chat should work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to use the in-game voice chat

Issue has been present since Season 5. All of my friends have experienced this bug and have been unable to use the in-game voice chat for months.

Message 1 of 2 (308 Views)

Re: Xbox One Voice Chat Issue

★★★★★ Novice

I didn't have this problem until Season 6. Since it's started I don't think I've ever heard my teammates. In Season 5, the opposite happened. It showed the Speaker Icon as permanently lit up as if my teammates were in a party, but they weren't.

They would talk and I would be like are you the Caustic or the Octane, because I can't tell cause it looks like you're in a party. They would say the same thing to me. Now, It shows my speaker icon always lit up and I have not heard one person talking since Season 6 started. I can only hear people in an XBOX Live Party.

Message 2 of 2 (214 Views)