Re: Sims Can't Perform Actions Given As If Something Was Blocking Them.

by crinrict

Original Post

[XBX] Sims Can't Perform Actions Given As If Something Was Blocking Them

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.36.105.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all expansions, game and stuff packs. And have them all installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It varies, but some actions are not possible unless you are move the Sims next to the object I want them to interact with. Like to sleep I usually need to direct the sim next to the bed before I can have them sleep. I had to turn on cheats to teleport a sim to their bedroom so I can get them to sleep. Also teleport doesn't seem to work on just any unoccupied space. I sometimes have to move the cursor around until I see the feet icon to get the option to teleport.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will immediately wave their arm letting me know that the action I want them to perform is not possible or is being blocked from performing it. 
What do you expect to see? My sim to do something as simple as sleep.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I remember hearing from a friend before the latest expansion came out that they were having a similar problem on their Xbox One X. I haven't played the game for like 3 months so I am unsure when the problem started.

Please describe the patch or change you made. Only difference I have made was playing on an Xbox Series X. Using the same external HDD I used on my Xbox One X, the problem was present. I redownloaded the entire game and all DLC onto the internal SSD on my Xbox Series X and the problem was still present.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Fixed Template

Message 1 of 5 (381 Views)

Hero
@projectSQ Is this on the same floor or are there any stairs involved they need tot take ?

Does this happen in every household or just a specific one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (339 Views)

★ Novice

No specific one. But some places function better than others. Households I normally had no issues with are now borderline unplayable. Not sure if this is related, but it's becoming impossible to get two sims to sleep in the same bed. Can get them to WooHoo, but every time one of them instantly gets out of bed afterwards. If I trying just getting them to sleep in the same bed, if one is already in the bed the other will refuse to also get in bed, they just do the usual wave motion telling me that can't complete the task. And some Sims just refuse to stay asleep. They will immediately wake back up and go do something else. This game is just becoming irritating to play with me constantly trying to find ways to get Sims to do things like eat and sleep.

Message 3 of 5 (319 Views)

Hero
@projectSQ Could you maybe add a video of what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (302 Views)

Hero
@projectSQ Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (265 Views)