[FIXED] [XB] Unable to select object/Sims with Sims 4 camera with mouse/keyboard

by elektropunch

Original Post

Re: [XB1] Unable to select sims, items and objects with mouse/keyboard

★ Novice
@elektropunch It’s weird because it lets me press on the menu and switch families on the map but i physically can’t control my sims or make them do anything with the mouse 😭
Message 11 of 165 (1,492 Views)

Re: Console Controller Feedback

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am a Xbox user but I use my mouse and keyboard, but after the update I can’t properly use them. I have to click on things multiple times to get the choice wheel. I use the sims 4 camera option when I play but for some reason when I’m in build mode I have to switch to the sims 3 camera option and I takes like three clicks just to place something. Right now it’s just really buggy using the mouse and keyboard for me.

Message 12 of 165 (4,799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@elektropunchHaving same issue on Xbox one. Been using keyboard and mouse on my Xbox since the game came out and after the latest update it doesn’t work.

I also hard reset my Xbox, unplugged keyboard and mouse and plugged back in. Still doesn’t work. The cursor still moves around with the mouse. I can stop and slow time with my keyboard but I cannot choose any options when clicking on anything with my mouse. So it has to be the latest update.

I am on Xbox One so it seems to not only be Series X but all Xbox users.

Message 13 of 165 (1,293 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does everyone experiencing this bug use the Sims 4 Camera? 

I did some troubleshooting in game and learned that when I switch to Sims 3 camera then everything works just fine I can click on things and the options come up. If I switch back to Sims 4 camera (my preferred way of playing) then nothing works. 

Message 14 of 165 (1,275 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@xSisalee I use Sims 4 camera as well and tried what you suggested with Sims 3 camera and its working like it should. Sims 4 camera is too my preferred way of playing
Message 15 of 165 (1,242 Views)

★★★ Novice

Good I’m glad that helped you a little! At least we can still play with keyboard and mouse for now. I was afraid I was gunna be stuck having to use controller until they fixed it. 😬

Message 16 of 165 (1,144 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have the same issues as the other commenters, on XBox Series X with a mouse and keyboard, but Build mode is also unusable for me. When I click on objects only the rotate icon appears and I cannot move the objects. Others have pointed out that using the Sims 3 camera solves most of the issues and it's also true in my case, but I don't know how to use it so it makes for very clumsy gameplay. I also cannot click on a Sim's icon to center the camera on them, in both Sims 3 and 4 cameras.

Message 17 of 165 (1,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@elektropunch Same thing is happening to me I'm a Xbox player also
Message 18 of 165 (1,129 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@xSisalee I can confirm this works.
Message 19 of 165 (1,123 Views)

Re: Console Controller Feedback

★★★ Newbie

So I have an Xbox one and I have a keyboard and mouse connected to it. In sims 4 when I use my mouse it won't let me click on anything in the games while i'm playing. I don't have this problem in any other game. Please help me fix this because I don't know how. 

Message 20 of 165 (1,198 Views)