by 022301

Original Post

[XB1] Terrain Paint Disappears From Lot And Heavily Pixelated

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get To Work, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into a lot and use stone terrain paint, then paint in another area of the lot with dirt.
What happens when the bug occurs? While painting in other parts of the build, all of my paint will randomly disappear. I had to redo my stone paint 5 times in one build because of this. I tried reloading the lot and when I came back, ALL of the paint was gone, stone and dirt. While I'm painting, the paint won't go on gradually, but instead show up in squares and patches and I usually have to cover the edges with rocks to hide it.
What do you expect to see? Terrain paint should apply smoothly and stay where it's put while building and after reloading the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I build very large builds and it takes a very, very long time to get the terrain paint just right because I like to layer and add detail. It can take up to hours just painting. Especially when the terrain paint applies with jagged, pixelated edges. So when I put in all of that work for it to just all disappear randomly even in the middle of building and I can't restore it by reloading my game, it's extremely frustrating and saddening. Not even saving helps, the paint will all be gone even in a reloaded save.

Message 1 of 1 (196 Views)