by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[XB1] Stuck in Age up Menu

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Don’t know because I’m stuck in age up menu
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Can’t remember them all. Get together, island living, city living, discover university, parenthood, pets and cats, kids stuff, toddler stuff, vampires, laundry room, restaurant one, I think two more?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sims age up with a birthday cake. I’m selecting their aspiration and move on to traits and the screen stays the same from the “look what ur children gain as toddlers” skills menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? Since they are aging up I can’t save. The screen should move too the traits section yet it stays on the toddler menu skills yet I am still able to select a trait. It won’t let me click the check mark to officiate it so I’m stuck from leaving. I’m having a lot more bugs in other things too were I have to constantly reset my sim
What do you expect to see? I expect my screen to work and for me to leave and be done. Please it happens so often so let us be able to save during save screen. I don’t know what to do and I don’t want to loose 5 hour of gaming cause if I do I won’t play sims for a long while
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I purchased discovered university five hours ago and I’ve been playing since I got a lot of work done during this game session and now I’m having a breakdown because I lost it all because I know I can’t get out of this bug and I did not see’s before hand because it’s been two weeks since I last played Sims and I forgot about it since this bug Has been here since December of last year when I first got the game other bugs have appeared but this one really sticks out so now I’m going to turn off my game and not play for a week or more because I am so aggravated with this and I’m surprised you guys have not caught it so until it is fixed I not be playing.   Don’t worry I tried to open cheats bar to see if I can try anything fellow googlers were suggested but I cannot open it, I can’t save the trait I want and end the age up, and I cannot SAVE during age up. I get it’s but same time I want because things like this happen. Very disappointed in you guys and I wish I didn’t just bought the expansion pack. Hope you guys fix this issue quickly since I’ve had it with loosing progress 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (2,669 Views)

Re: [XB1] Stuck in Age up Menu

Hero (Retired)

@Valmis22  Did you happen to be manually picking an object up before the age up screen appeared? 

Can you try pressing the view button to activate the free mouse. 

Message 2 of 8 (2,615 Views)

★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper no I just had my sim help the toddler blow out the candles this time and the menu bugged out but it’s happen before even when I was doing something before the candles blew out
Message 3 of 8 (2,591 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Valmis22 Do you have a keyboard and mouse you can connect to your console? If so you can try to use the mouse to click on the checkmark.

Can you press the menu button to bring up the pause menu? If so you can try to go to manage worlds, then load the household again from manage worlds. If you've already selected the child sim's traits they should be there when you load the household again.

If not, unfortunately you will have to reload to a previous save. It's a good idea to save often when playing, and especially before something major like a birthday.

Message 4 of 8 (2,577 Views)

★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper No I don’t own a keyboard to do that. Also it won’t allow me to click on manage worlds. I’ve learned my lesson now about saving. I didn’t think about it because my sim was aging up in 2 minutes so I completely forgot
Message 5 of 8 (2,554 Views)

I lost 2 hours of gameplay because of a glitch or bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.31
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happened when I was aging up a baby into a toddler and picking its trait
What happens when the bug occurs? When it happens it doesn't show any of the images/icons for the traits but shows you the words it lets you pick the trait but not press the check mark it also doesnt let you leave the screen so you cant save the game (why lost 2 hours of gameplay)
What do you expect to see? Nothing because your stuck in the trait selection screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I didn't clip it sorry

Message 6 of 8 (2,307 Views)

Re: I lost 2 hours of gameplay because of a glitch or bug

Hero (Retired)
@chickasin5 Are you able to plug in a mouse to click on the button?
Message 7 of 8 (2,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

EDIT: VERY OBVIOUS FIX WAS LISTED ABOVE. PLUG IN A MOUSE (DO NOT NEED A KEYBOARD BUT OBVIOUSLY CAN USE)

I’m sorry, but the only thing that worked for me was hoping it auto saved or auto saving it and then reloading the app.

It will automatically pick trait I think. What happened to me was my toddler was turning into a child and I left and managed to get it to save. Considering I rather not play before the child was born, because yes I played that long. Anyways, this happened twice. I was in Free Cam taking pictures when they aged up. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. When they aged up I was no longer in free can so... this happened again when my child was turning into a teen.

Looks like I’ll have to let it auto pick and then waste my satisfaction points in the reward store to repick their traits. This seems to be a console issue...

This bug has happened every time for my Sims turning into a child and teen so far. I play on Xbox One. I have the base game...

(In the photo, I can change the trait it just doesn’t show them. I can’t pick an aspiration though. Therefore I can’t confirm or save the game during an age up.)

Message 8 of 8 (1,753 Views)