by MzMelonz

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Festivals not spawning after editing lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE 1.18.49.2300 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Dining Out, Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack, Get To Work, Free Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visiting the Spice District during the Spice Festival and Flea Market n-- transporting there in ANY fashion
What happens when the bug occurs? I arrive at the building I replaced the Karaoke Bar with, called Coffee + Flowers. However, none of the Festivals spawn, just as if nothing new is going on.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Spice Festival or the Flea Market during the time frame they are supposed to be there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Honestly, I am not 100% sure, however, I just noticed this happening after the August 2019 Console update.

Message 1 of 34 (3,795 Views)

Re: con - uninvited guest/ no option to ask to leave/ apartment lot city living

Hero
@MzMelonz I'm a bit confused by your title ? Seems to not match your report ?

Do they span in districts your Sims lives in ?

There was a similar report here that was never followed up on be the OP: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Festivals-not-spawning-in-other-districts/m-p/7746985

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (3,762 Views)

Hero
@MzMelonz Did you see my answer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 34 (3,722 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. When I initially wrote this, it said something about reloading a previous post that I had started, and because this one was erased, I thought it would reload what was erased, but didn't. Therefore, the wrong title was placed and I forgot to change it. The details in the message area are correct, the title wasn't. I just tried to change it to say, "Spice Festivals Aren't Spawning (Console)."

Message 4 of 34 (3,717 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Also, the link you provided is PC and speaks about Mods/Removing Mods. I am on console, so that one didn't help. Sorry for the confusion.

Message 5 of 34 (3,713 Views)

Hero
@MzMelonz Thanks for getting back to me.

Do the festivals spawn in the district your Sim lives in or does the Sim not live in San Myshuno ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 34 (3,707 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They don't spawn at all. First noticed in the area where a sim lived. Then when the festival would come back around, I would be playing with a household that doesn't live in the city. When we'd travel there, it still wouldn't have spawned. So, I tried using a different household, and it still wouldn't. It's just the Spice District having this issue. 

Next time I play, I am going to open a different load to see if the same thing happens. I've only been recently playing in one loaded save out of 3.

Message 7 of 34 (3,701 Views)

Festivals in San Myshuno not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.58.63.1010 (latest)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? got all the packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? replace the default Karaoke Bar lot in San Myshuno's fashion district with something else - i replaced the lot with a clothes store for example - the same issue might apply to the other districts and their festivals aswell, haven't tested
What happens when the bug occurs? festivals are not starting, festival objects not spawning
What do you expect to see? i expect to see the festivals that should take place in the district - for fashion district the romance festival and the geek con
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

nothing else to add

Message 8 of 34 (3,735 Views)

Re: Festivals in San Myshuno not working

Hero
@Ezekielephar This somewhat sounds familiar. Will need to check later if we already have a thread for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 34 (3,717 Views)

Re: Festivals in San Myshuno not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictthanks, yeah i found two other older posts about this issue, yet it has not been dealt with by now - would be great if it could be solved - people who never change those default lots will never run into this issue i guess - that's why it is not so well known. Notifications of the Festivals will come up but then when traveling to the Festivals those areas are simply empty. cya.

Message 10 of 34 (3,696 Views)