by ShadowPanda0702

Original Post

[XB1] Skill books not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.25.102.2300(64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Eco living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Read any skill book until Level 7 or 8 after that you will see the progress bar disappears.
What happens when the bug occurs? Read any skill book until Level 7 or 8 after that you will see the progress bar disappears and you will get a notification that says the book is to low in level for your Sims to learn anything from. after that none of the skill books will no longer work past level seven or eight. Because of this issue it's been very hard to master some skills. This issue has been ongoing since November 2019. I have left multiple posts about this issue with no response.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see my Sims able to use their skill books until they've mastered their skill at level 10
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after the patch/update that we had back in November 2019 I'm not exactly sure now what patch it was because it's been awhile but this issue has been ongoing since then

I have created multiple posts about this issue since I first noticed it last November but unfortunately had no response I hope somebody will see this post and that it can get resolved soon. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added console tag to title

Message 1 of 10 (672 Views)

Re: Skill books not working

★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same problem i play on the Xbox one as well. Unfortunately this issue has not come up in any of the recent bug reports or patches. But I hope it will get fixed soon.

Message 2 of 10 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ShadowPanda0702 Which level skill book are you reading ?

Skill 1: Level 1-4
Skill 2: Level 5-Not sure
Skill 3: Level Not sure - 9

For 10 you actually need to do interactions (except acting I believe)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm on skill level 8 of parenting which should be book 3 but when I read the book no skill bar pops up shortly after I get a notification saying that Amateur hour bored reading book of such a low skill level. The problem is it does it with every single skill and every single skill book between levels 7 and 8. Because of this issue I can't master none of my skills to level 10

Message 4 of 10 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ShadowPanda0702 I've tried logic, parenting and video skill.

Parenting I do have issues with as well but the other two work fine for me.

THink it's level 1-3, 4-6, 7-9

EDIT: Looks like parenting is by design: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/918884/parenting-books-stop-at-level-7

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (597 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For me and happens with all the skills not just parenting before this started happening I used to be able to go all the way to level 10 with the books

Message 6 of 10 (562 Views)

Hero
@ShadowPanda0702 On all your saves or is it limited to a specific one ?

It seems to differ from skill to skill what books you need for what.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (551 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's happening on all my saved files. One of my friends is having the same issue on his game as well

Message 8 of 10 (538 Views)

Hero
@ShadowPanda0702 I'll forward this to QA. As you are on console, I can't help you further

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (535 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Ok thank you
Message 10 of 10 (531 Views)