by KushKylie

Original Post

[XB1] Sims Forget Existing Relationships

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.13.96.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, city living, vampires, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try moving household into “other households”. Then play them again.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims forget pre-existing relationships.
What do you expect to see? For relationships to remain intact, even when the household isn’t actively played.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed a similar issue with a PC player, but I was instructed to create a report for console.

So I moved three of my player created households into the “other households” to let them run as NPC’s in my active sims lives. When I decided to check in on them after about two days (I missed them), I noticed that every relationship- except blood family and home help- were gone, even though I had witnessed these sims interact as NPC’s while visiting an active household. 

Full bar romantic relationships and every friendship were missing. Even a sim who had twins with another of my sims had forgotten the mother of his twins. 

When I took my sim to one of the households of her boyfriend, she had to be completely reintroduced to him. I managed to fix the important relationships with the modifyrelationships cheat, but now I can’t send them back to NPC world without risking their relationships again. 

Message 1 of 3 (540 Views)

Re: [XB1] Sims Forget Existing Relationships

[ Edited ]
Champion

It's likely that this is by design and not a bug. If you hover over the "Other Households" tab, a popup info appears saying:

Sims within this tab may lose progress info such as skill levels, relationships, etc.

So it specificially says relationships may be lost, as those sims in the tab are not considered important.

If you want these things preserved, you can move all the important sims in your game to the My Households tab. They still operate as NPCs if they aren't being played as the active household.

Message 2 of 3 (499 Views)

Re: [XB1] Sims Forget Existing Relationships

Hero

Hi @KushKylie 

reading this report again and @simvasion answer, I think I misunderstood your initial report. I thought you moved the Sims to a different household, not that you removed their played status.

But yeah, other household removes all the protections so I'm also guessing the issue is different from the PC one after all and not a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (489 Views)