Re: [XB1] Sim is marked as "At Home" but not available on home lot.

by mikezorander

Original Post

[XB1] Sim is marked as "At Home" but not available on home lot.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.13.96.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & dogs, City Living, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Dine Out, Get to Work, Get Together, Laundry Day Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Seasons, Vampires and Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It has happened when my sim leaves the lot and has returned home, either from work or another lot. It also happened when I went into CAS mode and came back out into Live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim icon is grayed out like it is when they are away from the lot, the lightning arrow thing in the top right corner of their icon says they are at home but the sim is not on the lot. Whilst this is happening, I cannot interact with any items on the lot. For example, when it first happened I tried selecting areas of the lot to make the sim "Go here" and tried making him interact with a chair. No interaction menu came up. There is no option to "Bring sim here" or "Switch control to sim".
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim somewhere on the lot assigned as his home when he is marked as at home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 5 (467 Views)

Champion

@mikezorander, I've had a similar problem.  Hadn't had it happen in a while, but about a day ago my mother and daughter Sims returned home from work and school, but the father Sim was still at work.  I took Mom and the little girl to the Spice Festival.  While at the Spice Festival, I got a notice that Dad had returned home from work (at his usual time).  When Mom and child returned home, the Dad was at the chess table but his picture was grayed out and it said he was still at work.Raised eyebrow  Every time I tried to get go somewhere off the lot, it said he was still at work and his boss wouldn't like it if he left early.Disappointed I tried the "resetsim Firstname Lastname" cheat but it didn't work.Frown  I finally had to exit my game without saving and restart from my last save.  There might have been a way to fix this without having to do that, but I knew I had saved right before the mother and child went to the festival.  :eahigh_file:

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (436 Views)

Hero
This is a known issue that's also happening on PC.

PC thread is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Showing-as-off-lot-while-at-home/m-p/7181756

Leaving them separate as this report is for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (432 Views)

Champion

Oops! Oops Sorry about that one.  I missed what platform they were playing on! Embarrassed  Thanks! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (407 Views)

★★ Novice
I hope there's a fix soon. Other than building new homes, this bug makes the game unplayable for me.
Message 5 of 5 (352 Views)