by SimGuruKuxiku

Original Post

[XB1] Photos in inventory and wall turn black

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.17.4.2300 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Seasons, The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, The Sims 4 City Living, The Sims 4 Dine Out, The Sims 4 Toddler Stuff, The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just look at the photos
What happens when the bug occurs? When I have my sim take a photo on camera or phone the pictures in the inventory come out black. The photos I already had on my wall also have turned black.
What do you expect to see? The photos my Sims take and not a black blank screen or shot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just look at the photos

IMG_20190724_184035_881.jpgScreenshot_2019-07-24-18-57-55.pngScreenshot_2019-07-24-18-58-02.png

Message 1 of 3 (501 Views)

Re: [XB1] Photos in inventory and wall turn black

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @KiAunaT_24!!!

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to report this issue to us!

We already started investigating, but we ran into some obstacles when trying to reproduce. If you could help us answering a couple of questions that came up during the investigation, we would be very grateful:

• Does this only happen when using the camera that is in your Sim's inventory as seen on the screenshot or does this happen using other cameras as well?
  • What is the exact location of the lot that you took those screenshots in? Which world can we find that lot in?
  • Also, did you observe this on a specific lot or in a specific world only or did you also see this happening in other lots or worlds?

Thanks so much and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 3 (436 Views)

Re: [XB1] Photos in inventory and wall turn black

★★ Guide

I had the same bug still don't know what caused it, also pets turned completly black and saves just dissapeared....I tryed everything except reinstalling (so maybe that might work for you?).

Had to start a new game (saved every lot and family first and then moved everything into the new game, but you got to remove all the black photographs from the lots first or else there'll be an error when trying to place them).

Message 3 of 3 (418 Views)