Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Passionate Kiss Greeting between The Despised

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.13.96.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, cats and dogs, city living and vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. It happened randomly with me. Try approaching an ex? Both my directions were “friendly”- one was “ask about day” and the other was a friendly vampire spar, but they ignored them and approached with a passionate kiss instead.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim 1 approached sim 2 and passionately kissed them, despite there being no romantic relationship between them- even when Sim 1 and sim 2 loathe each other.
What do you expect to see? No romance between anyone unless there’s a positive romance status.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has happened twice between two unrelated couples. 

The first happened when I directed Colton to ask his ex how her day was. At that point, I had already used a romance cheat to level the bar so they didn’t interact negatively because they’re both involved with the same family (she is married to Colton’s brother and has Colton’s daughter). The romance bar had maybe... 5% romance status, and their friendship status was “just good friends”. Instead of asking how her day was, he passionately kissed her without even waving a greeting. The interaction was accepted positively by his ex (Roxy), so I decided to direct them to flirt more. Roxy rejected Colton’s advances after that, and soon after, Roxy tried to flirt with Colton but was rejected by him. There’s absolutely no romance between the two. 

The second time happened when i directed Vladislaus to invite his former lover, offspring, and ghost, Caroline to a vampire spar. Both the friendship and romance bars are deep in the red. They absolutely hate each other, and the ghost isn’t a part of my household- she just haunts the place. Instead of inviting her, he greeted her with a passionate kiss. I didn’t want them to flirt, so I tried to direct him once more to invite her to spar, and she rejected him. The vampire spar is a friendly interaction, so it baffles me that the passionate kiss happened at all if she won’t even spar with him. 

Ive never seen this kind of advance before- not even as a whim between a married couple. I’ve seen flirty married sims approach with a tender kiss or a cheek kiss- but never a passionate one.

As a side note- not related to this particular issue- but another kiss (just a normal “kiss”, not a passionate one) happened between a teen and a young adult. I cheated the romance bar to 100% to prepare them for when she aged up- considering there’s no romance option, I didn’t think any romance would be triggered. He (the young adult) got sad when she (the teen) flirted with another teen in front of him- she’s kissed his cheek before, and he’s initiated a real kiss between them. I’m not sure if this a bug, or just because the romance was cheated up- but I thought the taboo romance was worth a mention. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,624 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Passionate Kiss Greeting between The Despised

Hero

Sims that despise each other and have no romantic relationship will no longer greet each other with a passionate kiss. Seem normal to me?!

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

I'm going to mark this as solved although it's not for console. As it was obviously also a PC/Mac issue, I'm treating it the same as any other bug in the notes.

Mark as solved for PC patch and hope it will get fixed in the next console patch as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,515 Views)

All Replies

Re: [FIXED] Passionate Kiss Greeting between The Despised

Hero

Sims that despise each other and have no romantic relationship will no longer greet each other with a passionate kiss. Seem normal to me?!

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

I'm going to mark this as solved although it's not for console. As it was obviously also a PC/Mac issue, I'm treating it the same as any other bug in the notes.

Mark as solved for PC patch and hope it will get fixed in the next console patch as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,516 Views)