Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [XB1/PS4] Whims are not fulfilling, works sometimes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Pets, City Living, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room Stuff and the two free packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to complete whims.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whims do not complete. No satisfaction points earned.
What do you expect to see? Whims completed and satisfaction points earned.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Realm of Magic, Vampires, City Living and Vintage Glamour (Vamps, CL and VG were bought in a bundle).

Message 1 of 7 (1,410 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Whims Won't Complete

Hero

Whims are once again able to be completed after Travel.

• Whims are things your Sims want to do, but you don’t have to.

Fixed in Patch 1.24

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,175 Views)

All Replies

Re: Whims are not fulfilling, works sometimes.

Champion
@MrsLucrative There’s a current bug with whims, where if you get a set of whims and then travel to another lot, that set of whims will stop working. You can cancel the whims to spin up new ones that should work until you travel again. Does that describe what you’re seeing?
Message 2 of 7 (1,372 Views)

Re: [XB1/PS4] Whims are not fulfilling, works sometimes

Hero
@MrsLucrative This is a known issue. Seems to mostly happen with pinned whims

PC/Mac thread for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Whims-not-fulfilling/td-p/8180364

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,338 Views)

Re: [XB1/PS4] Whims are not fulfilling, works sometimes

★★ Guide

This happens to me every time I travel.  I simply fulfill a whim and 'x' it out as it doesn't work.  From then on, all whims will work until I travel again.  It's just that first one that seems to be a problem until I cancel it.

Message 4 of 7 (1,299 Views)

Whims Won't Complete

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.2300 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get To Work, Dining Out, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, & Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try to complete a whim. Pinned or not, and mood related whims.
What happens when the bug occurs? I do the required action and nothing happens. The whim remains as if i did not do it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to hear the little jingle, see the whim fulfillment animation, and receive the reward.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't played in over 6 months. I came back to the game last week and started a new character in a brand new world. After a couple days I realized i had no whims and needed to enable them. The issue has been persistent since that moment.

Message 5 of 7 (1,290 Views)

★ Novice

I've had the same issue in game. I have notice it happens to me whenever I have my sim leave their home lot to a new/different lot. For some reason switching between places causes the whims to no longer work and I have to cancel them to get new ones each time.

I don't really have a fix for it other than telling you to x-out of the current whims while at your home lot, try to fulfill the new ones that pop up while remaining on the home lot. You can then try to test out if by leaving to a new place if you can or can't get the whims to fulfill. As I said mine don't work as soon as I switch where I am. Hopefully this isn't the case for you, but it may be.

I have a heck of a time trying to do any jobs in get to work because trying to go to and from work essentially nixes my whims, making them useless as soon as I switch locations.

I hope this helped at least a bit, even without a proper fix for it just a work-around.

Message 6 of 7 (1,264 Views)

Hero

Whims are once again able to be completed after Travel.

• Whims are things your Sims want to do, but you don’t have to.

Fixed in Patch 1.24

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,176 Views)