by ra7orrat

Original Post

[XB1][PS4][SE] Sims turn invisible

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33.202.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything up to date 15th November 2020
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? happend to me when 2 young adult sims went sledding together
What happens when the bug occurs? 2 of my sims went sledding together and just turned invisible right after they pushed off with the sled, they stayed that way until they traveled to a different lot.
What do you expect to see? the sims to remain visible
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. installed Snowy Escape

They were a vampire and a mermaid and sledding after dark, if that makes any difference.

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added Tags

Message 1 of 11 (1,069 Views)

Re: [XB1][SE] Sims turn invisible

Hero (Retired)

On PS4, I actually saw this happen on a hike. My vampire sim disappeared at one point just by the monkey statues. She reappeared when I had her interact with the statues. 

Message 2 of 11 (1,062 Views)

Re: [XB1][SE] Sims turn invisible

★★ Guide

that's good to know, next time I'll try interacting with something, this time I had the vampire "fly here as bat" and I saw the bat and the smoke but not the vampire....

Message 3 of 11 (1,059 Views)

Stupid sims disappear everytime i snowbored,ski,or sled.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion pacls
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try to do the snowboarding. Idk how else to explain how to recreate it.
What happens when the bug occurs? MY SIMS DISAPPEAR EVERY TIME I GO SNOW BOREDING,SKIING,OR SLEDDING!
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to do what i payed for. Aka snowboarding,SKIING,and sledding.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was this latest patch...the one used to fix crashhing for ps4.

Everytime I try to do any snowy escape skiing or snow boreding activities my Sims disappear.

Message 4 of 11 (1,022 Views)

Re: Stupid sims disappear everytime i snowbored,ski,or sled.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Littlegamer54990 I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post of the thread.

Is your sim also a vampire or other occult?

Message 5 of 11 (1,007 Views)

★ Novice

No my sims are 100 percent human Sims.

Message 6 of 11 (970 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Littlegamer54990 Thank you for getting back to me! I had luck telling my sims to interact with something else and they reappeared. You can try that. For now, it's reported in bug reports.
Message 7 of 11 (957 Views)

★ Novice

I have to send them home in order for them to show back up. I'm quite frustrated so i hope Ea can actually fix it.

Message 8 of 11 (954 Views)

Hero

@Littlegamer54990 @ra7orrat  Are you still seeing this after today's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (797 Views)

Re: [XB1][PS4][SE] Sims turn invisible

Champion

So this actually just happened to me on Mac, not console. I had an elder and a child at the snow festival. The elder was rock climbing and the child was playing with other kids in the snow. Whenever I jumped the camera to the elder, when I switched it back to the kid she and anyone she was interacting with at the time would be invisible - although all I had to do to get them back was spin the camera. Then after the lights came on, I had them go sledding together. Their first time down the hill, they took the "boring" route and everything was fine. The second time, they took the path with little jumps in it. The second jump they took, they went up in the air - and vanished. No amount of spinning the camera or refocusing would bring them back. I could send them back to the square to interact with things - the kid used the bathroom and the elder bought a drink from the vending machine - but they were still invisible. They didn't reappear until I had them travel home.

The attached screenshot is literally the last second before they disappeared. As in, I wasn't even sure I'd caught them and was afraid it was going to end up just being a shot of an empty hillside.

I have Snowy Escape (obviously), Laundry, Cats & Dogs, University, Strangerville, Get to Work, and Tiny Living.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 10 of 11 (753 Views)