by ra7orrat

Original Post

Photos going black/ missing image on PS4

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.36
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons , Pets, Discover University, Vampires , Get to work,, Get Famous, Parenthood, City Living, Island
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’ve only seen a corrective fix for PC version none for PS4
What happens when the bug occurs? All my photos taken by the sims are blacked out and pictures from the gallery are white
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my photos and the game to work properly lol
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 31 of 73 (1,580 Views)

All photos turned black

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, get famous, vampires, realm of magic, eco lifestyle, snowy escape, discover university, island living, get to work, and get together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It’s a common bug that I’ve seen online
What happens when the bug occurs? Every photo in every household has turned black and theirs no way to get them normal again
What do you expect to see? I want to see normal photos from a dozen generations of sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

all photos turned black

Message 32 of 73 (1,547 Views)

Photographs Turning Blank

★★ Novice

Platform:PlayStation 5
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: -Snowy Escape -Eco Lifestyle -Discover University -Island Living -Get Famous -Seasons -Cats & Dogs -City Living -Get Together -Get To Work (So basically all EP’s) Game Packs: -Realm of Magic -Jungle Adventure -Parenthood -Vampires -Dine Out -Spa Day -Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: -Paranormal -Nifty Knitting -Moschino -My First Pet -Laundry Day -Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not exactly sure what is causing it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any photographs, autographs, and occasionally paintings turn blank. Photographs appear black, autographs are missing the photo, and the paintings turn white. This first started happening to photos in which I had taken a while ago, and every photo my household owned was blank. This also happened to any autographs they had from GF and and only few paintings. So I retook the ones that I could retake, and later that day, around 60% of those turned black as well! These photos appear this way when on the wall, in Sims’ inventories, in the household inventory, and in storage boxes. This happens to both portrait and landscape photos, regardless of the size of whether or not they are framed.
What do you expect to see? The photos in which originally took. (I.e. have them be anything but blank!)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.

I have attached a photo of the issue. Apologies for the poor quality photograph- I play on console. But you get the idea- the photographs are totally blank! It’s quite annoying.

Message 33 of 73 (1,524 Views)

Re: [XB1/PS4] Photographs black

★★ Novice

I have the same issue on PC. 

ALL my old photographs have turned black, bothhe inventory and in the house. 

Some (not all) of my pets are blacked out too. In game and in their little icon.

I've had to delete pets and photographs that took a very long time to accumulate.

I remove my mods before I update and the issue occured without mods and with mods.

If there is a better thread for this issue on PC, please let me know.

Message 34 of 73 (1,385 Views)

Blank Photos and Paintings

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? FP01: 1.assets.live-fp01.216
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Island Living, City Living, Discover University, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Dream Home Decorator, Dine Out, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? View a photo or painting-by-reference either on a wall or inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Photos and Paintings-by-reference appear blank, with no image. The information box with the photographer/painter/name of Painting still appear when hovered over, but there is no image.
What do you expect to see? Photos and paintings to appear as they should.

I'm not sure if I got the game version right, but my game is all up to date patch-wise. 

In the last few days photos and paintings-by-reference have appeared blank/black in both inventories and on walls in all households.  

It hasn't happened to every photo, but most of them, and the ones it has happened to seem to be random (not by a certain photographer/filter etc.).

Although this bug doesn't affect game-play, it does ruin the experience for me as I find myself avoiding certain households as their blank family wall is quite disheartening to me. 

This bug has been reported on and off for years and it is disappointing that it is still an issue today. 

Thank you.   

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 35 of 73 (1,389 Views)

Re: Blank Photos and Paintings

★★★ Apprentice

After update 1.43 on PS4 all paintings are blank and all photographs are black ,hundred of hours of gaming enjoyment GONE !!

Message 36 of 73 (1,300 Views)

[XB1] photos turning black/error code 0

★ Novice

Platform:Xbox Series S
What is your current game version number? latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Dream home Decorator, Kids room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a photo in game
What happens when the bug occurs? After you take a photo, it immediately turns black. It started happening after I got the error code 0. In order to fix the error code 0, I cleared the cache and it was fixed. The photos are still turning black when I take them. I’ve tried in different saves and they’re still turning black. I didn’t know if they were somehow related?
What do you expect to see? Photos turning out
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Every time I take a photo, it turns black. I’ve tried putting the sims in a new save, and clearing my cache and nothing has worked. I think it may be associated with the error code 0 i’ve been getting lately. I have tried deleting the original save that it happened in also. The only things I haven’t done was delete the new save that I placed my sims in and reinstall the game as a whole. 

Message 37 of 73 (1,288 Views)

Re: [XB1] photos turning black/error code 0

Hero (Retired)

@30TREy I've merged your post into the current bug report for the photograph issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

You will need to create a separate bug report for the Error Code 0 issue.

Message 38 of 73 (1,202 Views)

My sim's pictures turn black

★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? the newest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All excluding Journey to Batuu and My Wedding Stories game packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. take a picture 2. put it on the wall 3. exit and save game 4. load back into lot. 5. look at your blank picture frames
What happens when the bug occurs? When you take picture using the camera and put it on the wall, after you exit the game and come back in, the picture no longer appears, instead of the picture showing up in the frame, a black void shows up.
What do you expect to see? I expect that my pictures don't turn black.

I do use the tripod from Moschino Stuff to take pictures, so that may have something to do with it. Even the pictures that are in my household inventory turn black. After the bug occurs, any new pictures I take also turn black.

Message 39 of 73 (1,078 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Photographs turn black (Patch 1.58.69)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this same issue on Xbox.  Pictures will start out OK then go black.  Doesn't matter if it is in the ICYA box or not.  But I do have the box.  Once they all went black now all  pictures taken are black as well

Very disappointing since I lost baby pictures, childhood pictures, grad pictures, and wedding pictures.  I had this happen about a year ago in my legacy family and lost 4 generation worth of photos.  I wonder if there is a max number of photos you c as n have since it seems to happen when I have a lot of them (reaching approximately 100 in inventory)

Message 40 of 73 (992 Views)