Photos turned black

by Axs7158Sxa8717

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Photographs turn black (Patch 1.58.69)

Hero
@GreenPlumbob26 Currently there's separate threads for PC and Console so I moved your post to the console thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 73 (968 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I removed the data files from my XBOX as a "reset" and noticed that new pictures that I took were not black anymore, but all the black ones stayed black so I delete them. I also deleted the ICYA box from my lot in case that is the culprit.

I visited a second household that I had not played in a bit (the grandparents) who had copies of all the photos that went black. Most of the pictures were black for the grandparents - but what was interesting is that a few pictures were still OK - at least for now they are OK.
Message 42 of 73 (954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey i’m having the same issue as you on ps . how did remove the data files ?? 

Message 43 of 73 (935 Views)

Re: [XB1/PS4] Photographs black

★★ Novice
@ra7orrat It is 2022 and I am also having this issue. I’m on ps4
Message 44 of 73 (878 Views)

Photos turning black in Sims 4.

★★ Novice

Photos are turning black. Daughter is devastated as she spent "years", yes years off and on creating these family photos. For Example, recreating our wedding on a boat with all family and friends there so she could take photos like the ones up on the walls & on shelves in our real house. She then placed them in the Sim replica of our house and now they all appear black and she's crushed, crying her eyes out last night. The same thing happened to another game of Dream Decorator where all the gig photos were up on the walls in my Sim house so I could view the before and after pics. Slowly they all began to go black then, ultimately, the entire game would not save and finally self deleted. Daughter is very worried the same will happen to our Sim family house / game. I've read all the comments from the black photo thread from 2015 but nothing there seems to relate to our problem. We are playing on an Xbox One X. Please help, not sure if the recent updates are responsible or did we have too many photos across the different Sims games and if so, what happens if we build an art gallery / museum with multiple photos?

Message 45 of 73 (894 Views)

Re: Photos turning black in Sims 4.

Community Manager

Hi @FieryFiFi,

I've merged your post with the current open thread on this issue. Please click the Me Too button on the first post in this thread. 

solaire.png

Message 46 of 73 (816 Views)

SIMS 4 - all photos are black

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for the Star Wars pack and pet stuff, and some of the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know because the new pictures I take show up fine but all of my old pictures that I had hanging on my Sims walls, are black
What happens when the bug occurs? All the photos that I had taken prior to about 3 to 4 updates ago, are now black, like the frame and the color is still there but the photo is black
What do you expect to see? For them to fix the damn glitch that apparently has been going on for at least two years for other people
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I’m not sure but this just start happening in the year of 2022

Like I said up at the top sometime this year with one of these updates, the photos taken with the camera have all turned black. I have researched this and it looks like this has been going on since at least 2020

Message 47 of 73 (817 Views)

Photos turned black

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.36.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, cottage living with ghome on the go add on, city living, dine out, discover university, dream home decorator, eco lifestyle, get famous, get to work, get together, high school years( with digital add on), island living, jungle adventure, laundry day, moschino, wedding stories, knitting, outdoor retreat, paranormal, parenthood, realm of magic, seasons, snowy escape, spa day, strangerville, tiny living, vampires, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. Moved sim to new household and all pictures in all saves turned black.
What happens when the bug occurs? Photos taken in game are blacked out.
What do you expect to see? The actual photo.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried reloading the game and restarting the system but the problem persists on all save files. 

Message 48 of 73 (763 Views)

Re: Photos turned black

★ Guide

This is happening to me with multiple families. It’s so depressing. I had family portraits and wedding photos etc all now gone black.  But it’s happened not only with photos taken by Sims but also graduation photos that are automatically generated and sent to Sims in University. All gone black. Sad. 

Message 49 of 73 (682 Views)

PS4 - Pictures taken are black

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I am playing on PS4 and after the last patch, all of my photos taken turned black. I do have a backup save from before the update however if I try to save any changes on it, the photos turn black when reloading. I cant save any new progress without losing my photos. Please help

Message 50 of 73 (671 Views)