Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] [XB1/PS4] Pets turning black

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? SP08:1.assets.live-sp08.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything up to date [released before 14-03-2019], except bowling night.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? today I noticed at least 3 pets (of different households) are all pitch black (no furdetail/furcolor showing just black)
What do you expect to see? pets to show up correctly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

[This issue was originally reported by @ra7orrat (thank you!) here. Creating this thread with the information provided by them there in order to have pets turning black and photographs turning black as separate reports - similar looking issues, but very different in the background!]

Message 1 of 6 (747 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [XB1/PS4] Pets turning black

★★ Guide

@crinrict  I ended up deleting the saves with those pets and started a whole new game, that must've been shortly after I posted the issue here (1-2 weeks or so) and it hasn't happend again since.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (622 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
@ra7orrat Do you still have issues with black animals ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (634 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict  I ended up deleting the saves with those pets and started a whole new game, that must've been shortly after I posted the issue here (1-2 weeks or so) and it hasn't happend again since.

Message 3 of 6 (623 Views)

Hero
@ra7orrat That's good to hear. Seeing as it also has no me toos, I'm going to mark this as fixed for now.

Feel free to come back if it comes back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (620 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm an XB1 player and about a month ago my pictures, paintings and pets started turning black. I have tried starting a new game but 2 or 3 days later it starts happening again. Some of the pets and paintings I get from the gallery but the photos come from my sims inventory. 

Message 5 of 6 (550 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cleared my cache, deleted and re installed the game as well as my packs and my photos and paintings are still black. I even know ent back to an old save and those ones are to

Message 6 of 6 (458 Views)