by RJEB1994

Original Post

[XB1] [PS4] Loading Screen Advances Game Time

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? The top line says sp10.72 but my xbox app info says version 1.15.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs, and all stuff packs that are available to console up until island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game normally with gallery sims placed in empty houses. Play with game settings set to long life, and 28 season days and auto age unplayed and played sims. Save the game and exit. The next time you load a saved game as it loads it will advance the game time and the game time will be forward several hours from the time you saved the last game.
What happens when the bug occurs? During the initial loading screen while the game loads your current save file game time advances while the loading screen is loading. I saved my game while the game clock said 4:35 AM. I loaded up my game and after it was done loading the gane clock now says 1:48 PM and my sim is standing next to the bed still in his pajamas. We missed an entire prank day and an entire festival because of this bug and now I no longer have time to do what i was going to do before my sim has to go back to work the next day.
What do you expect to see? The game time should remain paused during each and every loading screen and only resume when the loading screen is done loading and you have full control of the screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hopefully this can get fixed as my sim misses out on entire days because of this bug.

Message 1 of 15 (1,975 Views)

Re: [XB1] Loading Screen Advances Game Time

Hero (Retired)

The same thing happens on PS4. I have to make sure I pause the game before I save and exit or go to manage world's otherwise it'll be hours later when the game loads the lot again.

Travelling to another lot where you can't pause can sometimes take two hours. The game takes forever to load the map, meanwhile a no mischief sim has decided to troll the forums or a parent will just have to watch TV with the kid and you can't do anything about it because you are waiting for the map to load. 

Message 2 of 15 (1,893 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this, could anyone on PS4 possibly share a save file? Thanks so much for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 15 (1,819 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I would help but mine is on Xbox so you would have to get someone on with the same problem on ps4 to help. I hope you guys can find the repoduction and fix this. Its an annoying problem.

Message 4 of 15 (1,791 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick  Here's my laggy PS4 save. The kids take forever to go to school, AI interactions are super slow, Frame Rates are Terrible and it takes forever for them to travel anywhere. I haven't played it in a really long time because after I added seasons to the save it was even worse.

I think it has Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff. Hopefully it helps.

The played family lives in Brindleton Bay on the 64x64 lot.

Message 5 of 15 (1,772 Views)

Loading screen advances game time (XB) (PS4)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? GP08: 1.assets.live-gp08.40
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game normally. There are no steps to produce it. It just happens randomly. Save the game while your sim is sleeping and around 4 AM save the game and exit. Reload the game and though you can't see it, while on the blue loading screen your time will fast forward several game hours.
What happens when the bug occurs? I save the game and exit when game time is around 4 AM. The next REAL LIFE day I load my save game and as the blue loading screen is loading my game it advances my game time making my sim miss an entire day of work. Save the game at around 4 AM game time and the game time displays 5 PM after its done fully loading.
What do you expect to see? Game time should stay paused during any and all loading screens and the game should only resume normal game speed when and all blue loading screens are off the screen and the player has full control over the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can confirm that this issue happens on both XBOX and PS4 Versions of the game.

On my xbox version I have all expansions/game packs/stuff packs installed

I have my game options set as:

Auto age unplayed sims

Auto age played sims

Longest sim lifespan

Longest season days

Autonomy full

Disable autonomy for selected sims

Max sim limit: 150 sims

Default settings for rest of game options

On my PS4 version I have the base game with NO expansions/game packs/stuff packs installed

I have my game options set as:

Auto age unplayed sims

Auto age played sims

Longest sim lifespan

Longest season days

Autonomy full

Disable autonomy for selected sims

Max sim limit: 150 sims

Default settings for rest of game options

This issue happens all the time. When a sim is sleeping, the game time will show 4 AM. I save my game and exit to the main menu. Then close the game and i will sleep in real life. The next REAL LIFE day, i open my game and load my recent save game. While the screen shows the blue loading screen with a plumbob my game will fast forward. After the loading screen the game time will show 5 PM. My sim will be standing next to their bed still in their sleep outfit with a notification for the sim missing a whole day of work and their needs all messed up for standing next to their bed all day for 12 game hours.

Message 6 of 15 (1,778 Views)

pause glitch

★★★ Newbie

I have a playstation 4. Sims 4. When I save my game I will put the sims in the bed to sleep, and when i come back to play the game they are doing something completely different.  I have auto age turned off. Any suggestions on how I get the game to truly save and stay in the same position as when I left it?

Message 7 of 15 (1,727 Views)

Re: pause glitch

Hero
@wolfgirl3282 Merged your thread with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (1,676 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Loading screen taking forever

★ Novice

I had this issue on Xbox when going to my owed vets I’m not sure what happened I’m not on 21:00 I started going to my vets at 20:22 like anyone else had this issue it’s only been like thins since I added my ea account anyone had this issue and been able to fix it? 

Message 9 of 15 (1,578 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Loading screen taking forever

Hero (Retired)
@leafylilaybrd I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue.
Message 10 of 15 (1,552 Views)