Re: [XB1/PS4] Lag after recent update (Again)

by Rachelharris31

Original Post

Re: [XB1] Sims 4 extremely laggy and unplayable!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@DRADSTER165I also get lag sometimes in Build Mode! But to stop the lag I pause the game while still in Build Mode and that seems to fix it. But the lag happens sometimes, not too often. 

Not sure if I still get lag in Build Mode since the current update, but if it happens I'll come back to this thread.

Message 41 of 52 (1,002 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

From my own and friends games on PS4 and Xbox one it's worse when you have a lot of expansion packs all four of us own all packs available except for me I don't own eco or knitting and it's unplayable as soon as you load the game it becomes laggy and choppy that's why I moved to pc the game is unplayable on console and they aren't doing anything to fix it just brushing the issue under the carpet it's unfair the game is to expensive to not be able to play it.

Message 42 of 52 (974 Views)

Very slow and lagging gameplay

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco life style
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? General game play is slow amd lagged
What happens when the bug occurs? Playing the sims, is slow and lagging which makes the sims stand in one place and on occasions delayed reactions to the point where sims will pee them selves because they can’t get to the toilet in time amend miss work
What do you expect to see? The game not to be so slow amd lagging
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The game is lagging a lot now and I think it’s actually got worse since all the other patches.

some times it can be to the point it’s in not playable at all because of the sims delayed reactions causing them to pee them selves, miss work and making the game frustrating. 

I play on PS4 so I don’t know if there is a fix for 

Message 43 of 52 (939 Views)

Everything is a mess!!

★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.31
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All dlc except Eco and Star wars and my first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just playing the game and Loading into a world in game time and pausing and unpausing the game pause menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unstable Processing Lag.
What do you expect to see? Slow motion and frames per second drop and Sims cant continue to next command.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I play after not playing since November of last year and EVERYTHING IS A MESS!!! control instructions that I can press a button to look at instead. 

LAG IS NOW A PROBLEM  and Sims freeze and stare at each and unable to continue the next task cuz they are frozen in place.

Loading is a problem to complete cuz little things are missing from controls and when I go to a selection menu of any kind the curser skips all the way to the other end of the menu.

Message 44 of 52 (888 Views)

Lagging issues with new update

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.32
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Cats and dogs, Eco lifestyle, laundry day, island living, Get together, City living, my first pet stuff , perfect patio, parenthood, kids room stuff, seasons, toddler stuff, spooky stuff, realm of magic, discover university, tiny living, nifty knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure, I just open the game and play and it’s slow
What happens when the bug occurs? The game is extremely laggy, I have 4 sims and a Cat
What do you expect to see? Laggyness
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated the game to 1.32

Message 45 of 52 (854 Views)

Re: Extreme stuttering on PS4 Pro after patch 1.13

★★★ Apprentice

I feel as it has created more lag for me. Cursor also lags too, along with build mode and live mode and can barely rotate the screen without it lagging or glitching. Sometimes it lags so badly it takes almost 10 minutes for the game to load up on the ps4 and bring me to the "START" screen. I hope they are able to fix this soon because I do enjoy playing hours of Sims 4! It isn't just me having this issue!!! Frown

@Jessesgirlirl105 wrote:

I only have a PS4 (not pro) and having the exact same issue. The whole time I play my sims and cursor, loading, etc is very very slow & choppy after the last update. 

Message 46 of 52 (794 Views)

★★★ Novice

@SimGuruKuxiku it is December 2020 and this is still an issue. Not quite sure what else is needed. I have all but one expansion pack (snow escape I think is the name), all of the game packs and and all but the below stuff packs 

my first pet, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, romantic garden, spooky, perfect patio and luxury party. 

I play on my ps4 and not only does it lag loading but while playing. And also my tasks that I have my sim doing will disappear after the sims sits frozen for like 5 minutes. It glitches all of the time and lags terribly. 

Message 47 of 52 (759 Views)

Lag at Start

★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.60
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I start the game.
What do you expect to see? For the game not to lag on start.

I have to close the game completely and restart it for it to work. The game sometimes will lag in the middle of playing. I also have lag when I enter build and buy. 

Message 48 of 52 (579 Views)

Sims 4 lagging on ps4

★★ Newbie

I have tried to deal with it but it's to the point where the sims is unplayable. I will load into a game and everything is fine until 10 minutes into the game it starts to lag. I try saving the game, opening notebook, opening Sim profile, disconnecting controller, and entering and exiting build mode. I have to quit and exit the game and load it back up again because of the lag and it's just a repeat over again. I own the cats and dogs, eco lifestyle, seasons, cottage living, city living, werewolf s, parenthood, vampires, my first pet, vintage glamour

Message 49 of 52 (531 Views)

Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PlayStation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? It comes and goes as if some patches fix it while others break it again.

What is your current game version number? Can't remember the exact number, but my PS4 updates every hour if I exit the game. The version should be whatever the current version is.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the packs with the exception of select kits and bust the dust. I've been an extremely passionate and dedicated supporter of the Sims 4.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave the game in Live Mode for an extended period of time, or if it's the current version, load a save. My current save didn't do this before October 18th. Now it seems to be getting worse.
What happens when the bug occurs? Choppiness, lag, freezing, simulation lag
What do you expect to see? Smooth gameplay like before I updated my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? This was one of the things that made me worried that my game would have been broken when the High School Years update launched. After the update, almost every day, there seemed to be a patch that either made things worse or better. Just like then, the game was working fine before October 18th on my PS4. Now, the lag has become worse. If the trend continues as expected, tomorrow it might work better before it acts up again.

Merfolk have extremely limited gameplay that comes from Island Living and is almost entirely dependent on cross pack gameplay to make up for non-existent content. This has led to me discovering a number of bugs. Finding these bugs is my new focus since I can't play the game effectively with the combination of bugs and lag disrupting my ability to tell a story. Maybe, I can share information that can help solve some problems. My only alternative seems to be complaining into the void.

-------------------------------------------------------
I'm a Volunteer. I do not work for EA.
-------------------------------------------------------
Message 50 of 52 (411 Views)