Re: [XB1/PS4] Lag after recent update (Again)

by lostinmalloc

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Yup still happening on PS4, I click cancel interaction -> sim goes 5 MINUTES (real time!!) before realizing they even had such interaction in the first place. 😂👌 If this is what EA games are nowdays, I will gladly quit buying your games. I have collected every single Sims pack, and I mean literally everyone of them, both on PC and console. Now, this makes me wonder; gaming console made specifically for gaming, lags more than my toaster of a computer? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Message 31 of 52 (1,343 Views)

★ Guide

I am experiencing the same problem on PS4, but I have noticed that if I disconnect from the Internet, at the console level (disabling internet in-game doesnt help), the lag is significantly reduced. It almost disappears. On top of that, I always clear up the cache when I start the game (L1+R1 while loading).

Message 32 of 52 (1,307 Views)

★★ Novice
@RenasaiHaru Yes my sims 4 game on my ps4 console is also lagging. When I did the new update for the new eco pack my game is just so choppy & slow. I don’t even want to play because it’s so frustrating. Before this new update everything was fine.
Message 33 of 52 (1,288 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SimGuruKuxiku I don’t know if this thread is still active but i’m having the same issues except much worse and it’s been more than a year since this patch! I play on and xbox one s and i’ve got the following packs:
-City living
-get to work
-island living
-dine out
-cool kitchen stuff

I just spent around AU$100 on all of this and instantly all these issues started to come up. The lag in the game is unbearable and i really mean that!
When will this be resolved if it still hasn’t been in the past year???
Message 34 of 52 (1,241 Views)

[XB1] Sims 4 extremely laggy and unplayable!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, island living, get to work, dine out, cool kitchen stuff, Grim’s ghoulish guitar, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bugs happen almost all the time to some degree but especially when sims are in populated areas like the city or in build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? The game becomes very laggy and frame rate becomes choppy in all occasions to some degree (sometimes more than usual) as well as other issues like food plates and other objects the sim is interacting with fully disappearing or Sim’s tv not showing anything when the sim watches.
What do you expect to see? I expect a game i spent over AU$100 on to play normally without lagging and without random items disappearing. I expect these bugs which were brought to EA’s attention more than a year ago to have been fixed by now.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I bought the game very recently (past week) and encountered these heavy lag issues almost immediately after installing the game (add-ons installed same time as game). I subsequently checked many other forums and have realized that this has been an issue at least for the past year and half and EA is aware of it, yet, nothing has been done to fix this! I expect these bugs which were brought to EA’s attention more than a year ago to have been fixed by now. When will you fix these issues??

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 35 of 52 (1,252 Views)

Sim games skips and pauses

★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, island living, cats and dogs, discover university, jungle adventure, seasons and city living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game on a ps4
What happens when the bug occurs? My game lags constantly. It completely slow down my sims and make everything move in slow motion for a while
What do you expect to see? I expect my gage to run smoothly like it did before the recent patch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch number 1.28

I would just like my sims to run smoothly, thanks.

Message 36 of 52 (1,194 Views)

Re: Sim games skips and pauses

EA Sims Team

Hi there,

Would it be possible for you to DM me your PS4 saves so we can investigate the lag issue you are seeing?

Below is information on how to get them to us.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

-SimGuruJoystick

Message 37 of 52 (1,110 Views)

Xbox one lagging and frame rate problems

★★★ Pro

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? I don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game on a console
What happens when the bug occurs? It lags really bad as soon as my friend starts the game up it lags and she is experiencing bad frame rate issues it's making the game unplayable.
What do you expect to see? She would like to see smooth gameplay she has already done all trouble shooting steps and it's still like this she only has the Sims 4 on Xbox no other games and it's not the Xbox it's not even 2 months old it's getting ridiculous.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please can something be done about the lags I have also ha this on PS4 and it's getting on my nerves reporting console problems and nothing gets done it's an expensive game an it's not right that people can't play it because of these problems sorry for my rude tone but spending nearly £600 pound on a game not working isn't on this problem has been going on for to long it's about time it was fixed instead of bringing out new content fix the problems players are reporting first.

Message 38 of 52 (1,118 Views)

My Sims are lagging and slow

★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.30
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sims are taking forever to do stuff. They stand around for 30 minutes to a hour in Sims time. Sometimes I have to cancel and reselect the action a few times for them to finally do it.
What happens when the bug occurs? They just stand around.
What do you expect to see? Them doing the action.

The household has two sims. It is mainly the adult who stands around and the kid just won’t do it.

Message 39 of 52 (1,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

My game isn't laggy at all. I have Xbox One too but the only time it lags is if I use any of the photography options and take a picture before exiting (it's happened before the last update too when I started to do photography), but when I pause the game and unpause it seems to fix it. 

Do you have the disc or the one from the Xbox Store? I have the one from the Store since my Xbox is a digital one. And I wonder if the lag has to do with some - if not one - of the packs because I have the Holiday Pack, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar and that's it for the packs. 

My game doesn't lag though, it still works normally. Does it lag all the time for you or just when you're doing something/going somewhere? 

EDIT: My Xbox is an Xbox One X.

Message 40 of 52 (993 Views)