Re: Extreme stuttering on PS4 Pro after patch 1.13

by Sygnus2112

Original Post

[XB1/PS4] Lag after recent update (Again)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? V1.13
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, get to work, get together, cats and dogs, seasons, vampires, parenthood, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, kids room stuff, backyard stuff, romantic garden stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The game lags all the time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Choppiness, lag, freezing, simulation lag
What do you expect to see? Smooth gameplay like before I updated my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My game is lagging again. It isn't my console and it isn't my settings or the amount of objects in my house. I've already tried the settings suggestions. Before this recent update, the lag was fixed in a patch after the seasons update for consoles. It had stopped lagging completely. Now the game is recently updated and it's lagging once again.

Other players had this problem as well and have tried uninstalling and re-installing and changing their game settings and nothing has worked. So it's not our systems, it's the game. This lag is making my game unplayable once again and I don't know why it randomly appeared after this update, but we would appreciate it if it gets taken care of soon.

Message 1 of 52 (7,415 Views)

[PS4] Extreme stuttering on PS4 Pro after patch 1.13

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.13
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Spooky Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play on a PS4 Pro.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game goes through serious slowdowns, stuttering, and freezes. I can provide two video examples of this happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG0bpnfKkzM and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCpbhh_gSkQ.
What do you expect to see? The game running far smoother due to the Pro's capabilities.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Based on what others have told me, this started occurring after the latest patch: 1.13.

I have spoken with other people who are also having this problem after patch 1.13, so I know it's not just me. The game is pretty much unplayable in this state. Apparently this was an issue after Seasons released, then it was fixed. Now the issue seems to be back.

Message 2 of 52 (7,352 Views)

★ Apprentice

I only have a PS4 (not pro) and having the exact same issue. The whole time I play my sims and cursor, loading, etc is very very slow & choppy after the last update. 

Message 3 of 52 (7,337 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm glad it's not just me, nor just the Pro. I've even had comments from people saying it's happening on Xbox now as well. I tried tweeting them but not sure if they'll get back to me. Game just doesn't run right. I'd be happy knowing that the team is aware of the issue and will actively be looking into it, especially with Get Famous on the horizon.

Message 4 of 52 (7,310 Views)

[Console] New patch reintroduced performance issues

★ Apprentice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.13
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You should be able to see these issues by playing an active lot on a console. Even lots with just one sim are giving off weird hitching and framerate drops.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game hitches and lags (stutters), sometimes completely freezes for a few seconds at a time
What do you expect to see? The performance from before the patch was introduced
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.13 introduced this issue

Seen people on YouTube complaining about this as well on Xbox, PS4, and so on. Performance wasn't that bad before this patch. It seems like every other patch reintroduces old performance issues. I've bought all the packs for this game and right now it doesn't even feel playable Frown I just want to enjoy the game again!!

Message 5 of 52 (7,300 Views)

[Console] It seems like every patch undoes performance improvements.

★ Apprentice

We seem to go through a cycle where a patch will do its best to work on performance issues like framerate drops, then we have a patch like the one from a few days ago that reintroduces serious framerate issues. I wonder if it was the changes to bloom that killed it on the PS4? Not sure about Xbox, but I've seen Xbox folks complaining about it too. Something about this update has nuked framerates.

Message 6 of 52 (7,281 Views)

Re: [Console] New patch reintroduced performance issues

Hero

Merged all threads on this @MagitekPixel  @RenasaiHaru  @Sygnus2112  @Jessesgirlirl105 

I've passed this on. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 52 (7,293 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Didn't even notice this thread before creating mine. So glad to reconfirm that it isn't just my console. Heck, it isn't even just one brand! Both PS4 and Xbox are dealing with this. Really hope they can work out a fix soon...game is a ton of fun but this bums me out.

Message 8 of 52 (7,277 Views)

★ Apprentice

If it helps, it feels like it's just getting worse every day. When I tried to play an hour ago, even my tiny lot with 1 sim was freezing like CRAZY. There's no way that's normal.

Message 9 of 52 (7,251 Views)

★★ Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVzdWyzYKQw

Another video. One sim on a tiny lot. If we could at least hear from a dev that this is not the expected behavior and would be looked at, I'd feel a lot better having spent over $250 on the game.

Message 10 of 52 (7,233 Views)