by MayaJasmine

Original Post

[XB1/PS4] Game crashes when clicking on the computer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37.13.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I click on any computer in my game, I am unable to click on any other item in the game and the icon turns grey. No selection menu appears after clicking on the computer and the game crashes.
What happens when the bug occurs? No selection menu appears and the game crashes. My sims are unable to use any computer.
What do you expect to see? When I click on a computer in my game, I should get a selection menu to pick what I want my sim to do with the computer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am unable to use any computer in my game. If I click on any computer in my game, I am unable to use anything else in the game and my game crashes.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to refelect the issue better

Message 11 of 14 (1,751 Views)

Crashing when going to work at police station

★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? EP05: 1.assets.live-ep05.126
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but star wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim works at the police station. Every time she goes to work and I try to click on a computer it crashes the game. Its happened at least 20 times and normally it just crashes once and then I'll open it again and it'll let me finish the work day. And the next sims work day it'll crash again. Now its just stuck at crashing every time I go to work
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the blue-screen and I've reported it every time. And we have had at least 3 patches since. So I'm a bit sad.
What do you expect to see? When I click on anything it should come up with the right thing and not crash.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• No I don't. I forget to get pictures. But I've sent videos when I reported them issue.
Message 1 of 14 (1,984 Views)

Re: Crashing when going to work at police station

Hero (Retired)
@crazylilly41090 Can you try uninstalling the game and all it's packs, then reinstalling them again.

When you are using the "version" cheat, scroll to the very top of the list, your game version is at the top next to the word "Base."
Message 2 of 14 (1,934 Views)

Hero
@crazylilly41090 Did you have any luck fixing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (1,910 Views)

Crashing when Sims use a computer at work or on vacation

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If your Sim uses a computer on vacation or at work, the game freezes and drops to Xbox Home screen (i.e. crashes). I noticed this with my Sim that is a doctor. Anytime he tries to Log Lab Results or do the House Calls it happens. Also, it happened when a Sim tried to use a computer while on vacation. I believe this is the same problem that is causing the lag when the computer pie menu tries to come up after click on a computer for the Sims to use.
What happens when the bug occurs? Freeze followed be crash to Xbox Home screen on computer use on vacation or at work. Pie lags anytime a Sim uses a computer. This has been happening since after Eco Living.
What do you expect to see? No crashes and the pie menu to come up smoothly.

This is really ruining the enjoyment of game play.

Message 4 of 14 (1,980 Views)

Re: Crashing when Sims use a computer at work or on vacation

★★★★ Novice

I just want to add that this computer use glitch appears to be being reported widespread across many platforms since Eco Living came out.  This really needs to have some attention and a fix!

Message 5 of 14 (1,936 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue in the doctor career when he tries to use the computer.  I have already filed a bug report and it was moved from Bug Reports to Technical Issues- Console.  This needs to be fixed.  So much of what the Sims do is with computers!

Message 6 of 14 (1,888 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This doesn't work!  I'm on the Xbox One. The computers have been glitching since Eco Living! This is a reported issue.  This is a real issue.  This needs to be FIXED!

Message 7 of 14 (1,886 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can someone tell me if these computer use glitches are going to be addressed in the emergency patch.  I am so frustrated with this!

Message 8 of 14 (1,884 Views)

Community Manager
@yamsisims Merged your post here since it's related.
Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 14 (1,873 Views)