by spongebabe34

Original Post

[XB1/PS4] [GF] Can't Manipulate Cursor or Camera for recorded Video

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.30.54.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, City Living, Pets, Get to Work, Dine Out, Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim "Record Video" on the More Choices video station and wait until your sim has finished recording the video.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the sim is done recording the video, 2 panels pop up. The panel on which you change the title of the video is the more prominent panel, and behind that is the panel that shows the video inventory of the video station. Pressing A to click the check mark on the video description panel actually interacts with the video inventory panel behind it, and pressing B gets rid of both panels entirely. When you press B to get rid of the panels, the cursor dissapears with them and becomes unusable. The same goes for camera manipulation, after getting rid of the panels, you cannot move the camera at all. Both of these issues render the game completely unplayable until you save and exit, and re-enter the game.
What do you expect to see? After recording a video, only the video description panel should appear, and after that I should be able to manipulate the cursor and camera as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No additional information to add

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted tag from title.

Message 1 of 4 (635 Views)

Re: Can't Manipulate Cursor or Camera

Hero
@spongebabe34 Could you add some pictures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (591 Views)

Re: [XB1] [GF] Can't Manipulate Cursor or Camera

Hero
@spongebabe34 Did you get a chance to take some pictures to add to your post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (547 Views)

Re: [XB1] [GF] Can't Manipulate Cursor or Camera

Hero (Retired)

I can duplicate this on PS4. I tried doing a couple inspired videos to get an inventory but nothing happened. When I just did a beauty tips video then the inventory appeared under the name the video window and you couldn't click on anything. See Screenshot!

The Sims™ 4_20200926081113.jpg

Message 4 of 4 (534 Views)