Automatic filling of empty lots not working

by TheNightOwl97

Original Post

[XB1] [PS4] Fill Empty Homes option not working.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP09: 1.assets.live-sp09.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs currently available for Xbox One as of Fri 15th March 2019
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC Households die and the houses are not filled to the point where there are no NPCs in houses in any world in the game except mine.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see houses filled as they empty out due to sims dying of old age.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have Fill Empty Homes selected in the gameplay options, but it's not working. On initially starting the game, I get families living in homes but as they age and die they are not replaced to the point that all houses are empty in all worlds but mine. 

As two of the achievements involve playing generations of families this makes it very hard and also makes gameplay less enjoyable. 

As I'm on console so I can't resort to mods and  I can't fill up the houses myself without:

a. making a heap of sims myself as we have no community gallery on console.

b. cheating to get enough money to be able to house these sims. This, however, disables the achievements on Xbox and it's the generations achievements I'm after, so I can't cheat.

I have turned Fill empty Houses off and on to see if that resets it, but it makes no difference. As of now, it's a very lonely world unless I become a celebrity and get followed around by random fans and paparazzi. 

I have posted this here as this does seem like a bug as there is an option to fill homes that's not working. 

Many thanks

Tracey.

Message 1 of 21 (2,365 Views)

Re: [XB1] Fill Empty Homes option not working.

Hero

HI @Sassi666 

which neighborhood is your Sim living in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (2,330 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have three different games going across several different saves and it happens in all of them.

I have lived in Windenberg, San Myshuno, Forgotten Hollow and The Get famous place can't remember the name and willow creek.

This happens whichever neighbourhood I live in – everyone dies and no one is replaced.

Message 3 of 21 (2,325 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (2,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I think PC has this issue as well. Eventually, the entire game turns into a ghost town. The thing is, I think the option is only meant to place random sims in houses upon starting the game instead as a continuous action. The description of the option is just a little vague as to what it is meant for. Regardless, sims should still be generated, but they're labeled as "Off World", meaning they exist, but don't have a house. These random sims should still show up if you visit a venue; bar, night club, discotheque. You may even follow a celebrity around and chat up a fan or the paparazzi.

This is just my opinion, I can't say for sure if it's intended to work this way, is a limit on the game itself, or an oversight to look into.

Message 5 of 21 (2,319 Views)

Hero
According to the gurus, this is how it's supposed to work: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Empty-lots-wont-fill/m-p/7278031#M80436

And yes, it is also an PC issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (2,306 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks.

This seems a little crazy as to get the alphabet generations achievement you need to play 25 generations. I know you can go to clubs etc to meet people not in world but that is also hit and miss unless you're a celebrity or have a celebrity there. In the games before Get Famous, I would have one or two elders show up at a venue if I went out looking for people. 

Well if this is as intended then I guess that is that. I don't entirely understand their logic. it would be nice to have a populate world button that you could click if it got completely empty, though, especially on console. PC have mods to fix this issue, but on console, we don't have mods, and cheats disable achievements so it makes it harder to fill up houses manually as they're mostly too expensive without cheats.

Anyway thanks for all the replies and info.

Message 7 of 21 (2,293 Views)

Automatic filling of empty lots not working

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? FP01: 1.assets.live-fp01.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Vampires, Dine Out, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Laundry Day, Backyard Stuff, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party and Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enable automatic filling of empty houses/lots through settings and wait for homes to become empty from death etc and notice that they have not refilled.
What happens when the bug occurs? Houses/lots do not refill with sims.
What do you expect to see? Homes/lots to be refilled with sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? FPO1: 1.assets.live-fp01.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Vampires, Dine Out, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Laundry Day, Backyard Stuff, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party and Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enable automatic filling of empty lots through settings and wait until houses are emptied through death etc. And notice that they have not filled up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Homes do not automatically refill.
What do you expect to see? Homes automatically refilling with sims.

Message 8 of 21 (2,238 Views)

Re: Automatic filling of empty lots not working

Hero

Hi @TheNightOwl97 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please see my post above (the link) how it's supposed to work

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 21 (2,217 Views)

Re: Automatic filling of empty lots not working

★★ Novice

Thank you, will check that out. 

Message 10 of 21 (2,196 Views)