by macca53

Original Post

Re: Restaurant build mode glitched June 2020

★★★ Apprentice
@cozybunnyxo Same thing happening to me on ps4
Message 11 of 48 (1,497 Views)

Re: [XB1/PS4] [DO] [CD] Editing restaurant/vet outfits breaks it UI/Controls

★★★ Apprentice
@ChellGames Seems to be connected to the traits , as soon as you try to edit or add
Message 12 of 48 (1,496 Views)

Re: [XB1] [DO] Control don't work properly when trying to edit Uniform

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I was playing and building lots and I tried to give these lots traits in the upper left corner. But when I tried to switch to the trait section via RB button nothing happened. And there is no cursor option available to open this. I turned of the console, plugged it out and restarted it. After that I tried to use a different controller. Did not help. I updated the controller firmware and tested the buttons. They all work fine but as soon as I switch back into sims 4 the only button that doesn’t work is RB. It is definitely not a hardware problem and has something to do with the game/software. I have this issue since a couple months but since the last update it got unplayable. 

Message 13 of 48 (1,101 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anything come of this? I can't have a running restaurant without choosing staff uniforms.  Any info on a new update?

Message 14 of 48 (1,430 Views)

LB/RB Buttons Stop Working After Customizing Restaurants

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know what cheat console is
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio & Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode at any restaurant. Then select to customize the wait staff outfits. Select to customize your own in Create A Sim. Once you have created your outfit, click done & you are taken back to the restaurant in build mode. The LB/RB buttons no longer work.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am no longer able to use my LB/RB buttons.
What do you expect to see? To be able to create customized wait staff outfits in my restaurants without the LB/RB buttons malfunctioning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started doing this after the Eco update.

I have tried on 3 different Xbox consoles & 4 different controllers. The same thing keeps happening. This only occurs when I use Create A Sim to customize staff outfits at the restaurants. 

Message 15 of 48 (1,391 Views)

Re: LB/RB Buttons Stop Working After Customizing Restaurants

★★★ Novice
@TheTigress78 Just noticed it does this when I change my vet outfits as well. Please fix!
Message 16 of 48 (1,390 Views)

Re: Restaurant build mode glitched June 2020

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem. This is the first time it has happened since I installed the newest expansion (Eco) though - never had an issue before. Its super annoying because the only way I have found to get back the tab (R1/L1) functionality is to completely close and reopen the entire application on my PS4.

Message 17 of 48 (1,367 Views)

LB RB buttons not working

★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except eco living, strangerville, Mischino, vintage.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? CAS/BUILD mode
What happens when the bug occurs? I have recently bought and installed dine out, placed a restaurant and wanted to redecorate, I realised the LB and RB wants working to rotate items... the next day I went on and they were working to start with, managed to change lot traits and into CAS to change uniform. Upon entering back into build mode to change another uniform the LB and RB button didt not work again. Went into live mode on a family and they worked to adjust time but not to change tabs on the phone
What do you expect to see? To be able to use the LB and RB buttons
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Have to restart full game for them to work again 

Message 18 of 48 (1,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28.72.3400 (64-bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, edit the uniform of any restaurant staff by going into CAS. Additionally, sometimes simply switching between pre-made outfits will immediately boot you into CAS, without asking if you want to go into it (which is normal behavior).
What happens when the bug occurs? After exiting CAS, L1/R1 no longer function in build mode or in the Gallery. Exiting build mode, bringing up the cheat/debug bar, going into Live Mode and exiting to main menu and then reloading the save does not fix the issue. Only rebooting the game fixes it. Additionally, the Gallery also bugs out visually with the left-hand categories flowing off-screen and 'wwwwwww' repeated next to controller icons that extremely rapidly flash through every button save the D-pad, Options and Touchpad (located in the picture under 'Profile' tab). This bug remains after exiting build mode.
What do you expect to see? After exiting CAS, game should allow navigation with L1/R1 and editing additional uniforms. Gallery should not bug out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console, no mods available.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unknown. Have not tried to edit a uniform in months. Have bought numerous packs since getting Dine Out, and there have been numerous updates.
Please describe the patch or change you made. N/A

I have also recently re-installed the game (unrelated to this bug), restored licenses, rebuilt my PS4 database and started a brand new save.

Message 19 of 48 (1,331 Views)

L1 and R1 stop working (PS4)

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Get Famous, Get to Work, Seasons, Get Together, Island Living, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Eco Lifestyle, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Kids Room, Spa Day, Dine Out, Cool Kitchen, Vintage Glamour, Vampires, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Edit outfits for restaurant employees. Once in CAS, the button to check your controls (L3) stops working; this how I usually know the bug has started impacting my gameplay and that my bumpers will stop working as well once I exit CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? L1 and R1 bumpers stop working. You can no longer edit options in the restaurant menu or even go to the tab where the outfits are located. You can no longer rotate objects in build mode.
What do you expect to see? My controls to work.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared after the Eco Lifestyle update on PS4.

Glitch makes my R1 and L1 bumpers stop working. I’m not sure if it’s only activated by editing restaurant outfits, sometimes my controls just stop working mid build. Glitch is especially evident looking at the gallery. You can no longer view the different tabs, and the icon that usually shows the control for filtering your search will flash between different controls. There’s already another post on here about the gallery glitch, but the issues are definitely linked somehow as I only had this bug appear after I placed a lot from the gallery when I made a new save file for the Eco Lifestyle update for console.

Message 20 of 48 (1,278 Views)