Original Post

Accepted Solution

[XB1/PS4] [DO] [CD] Editing restaurant/vet outfits breaks it UI/Controls

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration, Grims Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode, set lot type to restaurant, try to set employees outfit, be sent to CAS. After returning to build mode try to cycle back to the restuarant specific tab
What happens when the bug occurs? The new Sims4 update has changed the layout for lot types, traits, and lot specifics in the build buy mode. They now each have their own tab. At first I really enjoyed the new layout but after trying to build a restaurant and trying to set my staff's outfits it would auto send me to CAS even if I was choosing a pre-set outfit and then after loading back into build mode, would no longer allow me to cycle through the lot type/traits.
What do you expect to see? I should not be taken to CAS for pre-set outfits, and setting outfits / loading in and out of CAS should not hinder my ability to change lot type tabs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after installing latest update 1.26. Though I also just bought Island Living.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 6 of 48 (3,535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dine Out, Can't Use RB & LB

Hero

Xbox One Simmers now can edit Restaurant Staff Uniforms in Build Mode along with other Simmers.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

Can I get some feedback from PS4 users if it's fixed for them as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 46 of 48 (2,601 Views)

All Replies

[XB1] [DO] Control don't work properly when trying to edit Uniform

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go into build mode and change the lot to ‘restaurant’ to enable restaurant options, go to employee uniform section and edit outfit through CAS, then try pressing down on the left joystick (to enable list of controls) and it should be showing a blank controller. When exiting CAS, the LB and RB will no longer work.
What happens when the bug occurs? LB and RB are no longer functional, all controls are erased from control window
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the buttons working as intended, they don’t work in any aspect of the game after entering CAS through build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This began after the latest update

Original post: “Okay so for some reason they updated the window for the lot settings, you now have to press LB or RB to navigate through them.The only problem with that is, as soon as you go in to customize uniforms (retail, vet, restaurant etc.) when you come back to build mode, the buttons no longer work, so you’re forced to restart the entire game just to get the buttons to work again as they now don’t work in build mode or even in game. Is anybody else having this problem so far? It’s been happening since yesterday but i figured it might be fixed with the addition of the eco living pack but no, it’s actually really annoying if you like to customize worker attire like i do. Also, not only do the buttons stop working, if you click the joystick down to view the controls they completely disappear! It just shows my controller but with no button functions like what the hell??”

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 48 (3,116 Views)

Re: [XB1] [DO] Control don't work properly when trying to edit Uniform

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I am able to duplicate this issue on PS4.

I used a residential lot, placed a restaurant from the library, changed the lot type to restaurant, edit the chef outfit.

I used a residential lot, downloaded a restaurant from the gallery, changed the lot type to restaurant, edit the chef outfit.

I used a residential lot, changed the lot type to restaurant, edit the chef outfit. 

Once in the CAS, the menu controls are blank.

Upon saving and exiting the CAS, the left and right button/bumper buttons no longer function in build mode. They work in Live mode, but if you go back into build mode they still don't function.

Empty Control Menu.

The Sims™ 4_20200606085147.jpg.

I have an up to date game, and all packs.

Message 2 of 48 (3,054 Views)

[PS4] Lot info panel broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Lifestyle, Machisno and Small Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a vet clinic (possibly any lot) and edit staff uniform. Visit CAS to create new uniform, return to lot edit. Pressing L1 and R1 will no longer change between tabs on the lot info panel.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pressing L1 and R1 will not change between tabs on the lot info panel (tabs are lot type, lot traits and lot settings ie staff uniform) after creating a new uniform in CAS and returning to the lot build screen.
What do you expect to see? Being able to scroll through the tabs with L1 and R1 still
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N/A

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Console tag

Message 3 of 48 (3,466 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@kayrae32 wrote:

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go into build mode and change the lot to ‘restaurant’ to enable restaurant options, go to employee uniform section and edit outfit through CAS, then try pressing down on the left joystick (to enable list of controls) and it should be showing a blank controller. When exiting CAS, the LB and RB will no longer work.
What happens when the bug occurs? LB and RB are no longer functional, all controls are erased from control window
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the buttons working as intended, they don’t work in any aspect of the game after entering CAS through build mode.
Please describe the patch or change you made. This began after the latest update

Original post: “Okay so for some reason they updated the window for the lot settings, you now have to press LB or RB to navigate through them.The only problem with that is, as soon as you go in to customize uniforms (retail, vet, restaurant etc.) when you come back to build mode, the buttons no longer work, so you’re forced to restart the entire game just to get the buttons to work again as they now don’t work in build mode or even in game. Is anybody else having this problem so far? It’s been happening since yesterday but i figured it might be fixed with the addition of the eco living pack but no, it’s actually really annoying if you like to customize worker attire like i do. Also, not only do the buttons stop working, if you click the joystick down to view the controls they completely disappear! It just shows my controller but with no button functions like what the hell??”

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

This is an issue for me as well on Xbox One S. I am always forced to close the game and reopen the game as the blank controller screen is glued to my screen when this problem occurs. 
Message 4 of 48 (3,017 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have now also found that if you open the mailbox and vote for community action, the buttons disappear from the menu again except now it’s ONLY the bumpers working, i can press start to save and then the joystick works in the start menu but not in game similar to the restaurant bug but with different buttons not working

Message 5 of 48 (2,990 Views)

Sims 4 dine out customize employees uniform bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out, tiny living, toddler, vintage glamour, outdoor, get famous, pets,city living,island living, university and get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try placing a restaurant lot in any sims world/areas and try to customize the employee's uniform
What happens when the bug occurs? When I first customized the waiter's uniform and then saved it suddenly the background music stopped and I was not able to press L1 or R2 button on my ps4 and also because of that Im not able to customise another employees uniform. Therefore, the sims gallery also became buggy(as you can see in the picutre.)
What do you expect to see? Being able to press L1 or R1 to go to the next page so that Im able to customize another employees uniform. Thus gallery also remains normal
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 7 of 48 (3,457 Views)

Restaurant build mode glitched June 2020

★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out. Get to work, city living, cool kitchen stuff, island living, outdoor retreat, perfect patio, realm of magic, seasons, vampires, awesome animal hats, life of the party, up all night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Edit restaurant outfits in build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? After editing, the bumper tabs and restaurant menu does not work. Bumper tabs won't work for the entire game as well in live mode.
What do you expect to see? Buttons working
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent

After editing one staff outfit, the buttons (bumper tabs, restaurant menu etc) does not work throughout the entire game, live mode as well . Game has to be rebooted.

Message 8 of 48 (3,432 Views)

Re: Restaurant build mode glitched June 2020

★★ Novice

Thank god im not the only one! I have been looking everywhere to see if im the only one having this problem. Im glad im not. When it happens to me i have to reset my whole system. And half the time it sends me to C.A.S. when i dont want to.

Message 9 of 48 (3,355 Views)

Re: Restaurant build mode glitched June 2020

★★★ Apprentice
@KittyCharm93 Happening to me on PS4
Message 10 of 48 (3,327 Views)