by DragothX1X

Original Post

[XB1/PS4] Cannot assign bed to butler

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available expansions/packs/stuff to date except kitchen stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add a edroom to your house, hire buyer, after butler arrives, click on bed and click on “assign bed to butler”, select your butler’s pic and play as usual.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to assign bed to butler never goes away. Butler eventually leaves and upon Sim’s return, there is no longer an option listed to assign the bed to your butler, since there seems to be no butler to assign it to. A different butler shows up and begins her tasks. Then the option reappears and the same problem occurs.
What do you expect to see? Click on “assign bed to butler”, choose butler and the option “assign bed to butler” becomes greyed out. Butler sleeps in bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The last play the butler slept on the bed, but the option to assign the bed to her is not greyed out so I don’t know if it was a fluke.

Message 1 of 5 (4,313 Views)

Can’t Assign Bed to Butler on PS4

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires game pack, dine out game pack, vintage glamour stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When assigning the butler’s bed
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to assign the butler’s bed then it goes into a screen to choose the butler but then all control disappears, I can press directional button to change from butler to house hold to friends to everyone but obviously the only person it shows is the butler in the everyone menu, the only thing then can do is press O and it gets out of the menu screen. There’s no tick button to confirm either on the menu screen.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to assign the bed to the butler. I should be able to choose the butler and confirm. Technically since you are assigning the butler and you only get one butler, you shouldn’t need that menu screen. You should just be able to click assign bed to butler and it becomes theirs. A bit like when you claim the bed for your sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This only happens to assigning the butler. I’ve already resorted licences, and restarted the game, I’ve deleted the bed and tried a different bed, I’ve tried dismissing the butler and rehiring and nothing has worked so far.
Message 2 of 5 (4,237 Views)

Re: Can’t Assign Bed to Butler on PS4

EA Staff

Hi @MrsGordon @PuppyofJam

We have not been able to reproduce your issue. And we need your help!

Would you be willing to send us a video of the issue ocurring?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 5 (4,145 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The reason which I am sure that you cant reproduce the same issue with the buttler is most likely because you are testing it on its inital launch patch and the problem is happening after the game is patched to its latest version. Please fix the butler sleep assignment issue this has been ongoing for a long time now it seems and I have the same issue with butlers in all save files and all diffrent families and setups so its apparent that a patch at some point broke the butlers AI.

Message 4 of 5 (3,938 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Actually I think I just found the solution which I had not thought of before. So I made the butler their own room and then clicked the door and originally the door was set to allow household access I had to switch the door to allow butler access and immediatly after setting the door to allow butler she went right upstairs and went to sleep. I hope this helps others solve their butler issue as well.

Message 5 of 5 (3,932 Views)