by Handsum_Maniac21

Original Post

[XB1/PS4] Can't rotate in Build Mode

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out Spa day Patio stuff Moshino stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try building and rotating objects.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't rotate anything. L1 R1 unresponsive.
What do you expect to see? Items rotating.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

And I cant bathe my toddler lol

CM Edit: No ALL CAPS please.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 12 (2,858 Views)

Re: ROTATION

Hero (Retired)
@CHILDofYAHUAH Were you in the gallery prior to the controls not working?
Message 2 of 12 (2,795 Views)

Re: Rotation

Hero
@CHILDofYAHUAH Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (2,693 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just so I don’t make a new post.

Since the last patch there’s the issue with rotating roofs (it works sometimes and sometimes it’s completely unresponsive), we also can’t switch between single window and room windows placement using L1 and R1 on PS4. 

And a weird glitch I found - if you go to create an outfit for restaurant workers (waiters or chef or host) or retail workers, once you come out of CAS all rotation is dead. Also can’t go through phone menu using L1 and R1. The only way to fix it is to restart the game.

*I am playing on PS4 with plenty of free space, have all the packs installed and newest patch.

Have a good day, stay safe 🙂

Message 4 of 12 (2,666 Views)

★★★ Novice

Has there been any resolution? I was looking at a post that was posted in Technical Issues that suggested this is due to the July 2020 update. I have tried exiting and restarting the game with no luck. This is beyond frustrating and makes the game unplayable. It effects the use of R1 and L1 in all aspects of the game. 

Message 5 of 12 (2,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CHILDofYAHUAH Having this exact same issue today and it’s extremely frustrating 😬
Message 6 of 12 (2,583 Views)

Can’t rotate objects in build mode

★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP08:1 assets.live-gp08.81
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, eco lifestyle, dine out, vampires, realm of magic, Star Wars journey to Batuu, luxury party, movie hangout, romantic garden, kids room, backyard, fitness, laundry, tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build buy mode and try to rotate any object with the LB and RB. Can be from catalog or previously placed item
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t rotate the object but can do everything else like sizing, dragging, etc. also when clicking the left wheel button thing for help information there is none.
What do you expect to see? An object being able to rotate
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bought and installed Star Wars journey to Batuu

Bought the new Star Wars expansion pack and now I can’t rotate objects in build and buy mode and the left wheel thing on the control no longer displays helpful information. 

Message 7 of 12 (2,549 Views)
Highlighted

Rotate Items/Objects

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Tiny Living, City Living, Dine Out, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Get To Work, Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Build mode and try to rotate items
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot rotate items/objects, objects will remain still when I use L1/R1 buttons on ps4
What do you expect to see? Expect to see objects rotate left/diagonal/right
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 8 of 12 (2,507 Views)

Sims 4

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, outdoor furniture, own a business
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t rotate objects in build mode
What do you expect to see? I should be able to rotate objects the direction that I want them in build mode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

While I’m in build mode it won’t let me rotate any of be current or new objects. 

Message 9 of 12 (2,440 Views)

Build mode glitch, items won’t rotate

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, own a business, backyard patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While trying to rotate my items in build mode it won’t allow me none of the buttons work
What happens when the bug occurs? Items will not rotate in build mode
What do you expect to see? I want a fix on how I can rotate my items the way I want in build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

Please help, I need to be able to rotate my items on build mode again. 

Message 10 of 12 (2,402 Views)