Re: Pixelated Pets The Sims 4 - Console

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero
@Reversethecrown I merged your post with an existing thread on this.

It might even be the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB1-CD-Pets-glitching-after-putting-this-collar/td-p/8056286

Can you confirm that you also see it in CAS this way?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 31 (1,070 Views)

★ Novice

I definitely do get this when I’m in cas with the pets I did put it in the bug post that it was from cas too, I definitely think it’s the same collar as well as I put that one on my dog after I clicked the tails panel after it said it was new but it glitched before I put the collar on 😅 

Message 22 of 31 (1,057 Views)

Hero
@Reversethecrown Thanks. Merging threads then. It does look like it's all the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 31 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m also having this problem 😭 is there a fix? 

Message 24 of 31 (986 Views)

Pet Glitch - Sims 4 - 1.45 Update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? fp01
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Cottage Living, Jungle Adventure, Seasons, Spooky Stuff, Get to Work, Kids Room Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Vampires, My First Pet Stuff, and Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create-A-Sim, put a collar on any cat and it will glitch out the body and eyes.
What happens when the bug occurs? I put a collar on a cat and it has bright colors like it's glitched out on one side of its body and its eyes are the same color as the fur on it's body.
What do you expect to see? A normal looking cat with just the fur color whether it be plain or textured and normal colored eyes like green, blue, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It didn't show up until the most recent patch at 1.45.

This is the glitch in question, it only occurred after I tried to put a collar on it and this is the first time this has ever happened. I tried to take the collar off of the cat but it didn't help and the damage was already done.

Message 25 of 31 (971 Views)

Dogs fur turns white when adding accessories?

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi! I play on PS5 with the Cats and Dogs and Sims University expansion packs on Sims 4. I tried making a pet dog in create-a-sim, and it was fine. I selected a dog and went to add a collar and the whole dogs pelt went white. I tried selecting another dog and the same thing happened. 

When I would remove the collar, the pelt would turn to its normal colour, but after adding and taking away the collar a few times, the pelt would turn white and wouldn't go back to normal, and changing the colour myself wouldn't work as the controls wouldn't respond. Help! 

Message 26 of 31 (942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm having this issue with every accessory, the whiskers, and the tail selection. I created a cat and went straight to place whiskers on it without ever trying to put on a collar and it happens.

Message 27 of 31 (888 Views)

Cat skin bug

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.5.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars, cottage and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cat skin changed to disco once I picked a collar out for it
What happens when the bug occurs? Any change of cat breed skin just looks like different colored disco ball
What do you expect to see? The actual cat skin I pick out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Went to create a cat in household and once I went to pick collar the cats skin changed to a disco ball and no matter any other skin changes color but still looks like crazy disco ball colored. 

Message 28 of 31 (880 Views)

Re: Cat skin bug

EA Staff

Hello All!

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 29 of 31 (813 Views)

pixelated pets in cas and live mode

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.5.2300 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? kids room stuff, backyard stuff, cats and dogs, laundry day stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i put on the bow tie collar on both my cat and dog
What happens when the bug occurs? i had put on a collar on my cat and dog and then they appeared pixelated on their fur
What do you expect to see? a normal cat and dog that aren’t pixelated and weird colors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

both pets look pixelated in live mode also, but how do i fix this?? when i go to my dogs walking outfit the dog appears normal looking?

Message 30 of 31 (653 Views)