Pixelated Pets The Sims 4 - Console

by Reversethecrown

Original Post

Re: My First Pet Pack Not Working

Hero
@Bookwalter2020 Could you post a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 31 (1,097 Views)

Re: My First Pet Pack Not Working

Hero
@Bookwalter2020 Do you have a picture for this ? Could this be your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB1-CD-Pets-glitching-after-putting-this-collar/td-p/8056286 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 31 (1,042 Views)

Pets changing colors when collar added

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? SP22: 1.assets.live.SP22.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except star wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a pet in build mode and add a collar to them
What happens when the bug occurs? The animals get a very glitchy color to them. One has turned black and red and the other has turned multiple colors scribbled together.
What do you expect to see? Their normal coat colors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Photos attached below, taken from my current game. 

Message 13 of 31 (1,100 Views)

Animals textures keep glitching

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 2017 console
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, seasons, cool kitchen stuff, get to work, discover university l, star wars, parenthood, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not too sure but go to animals and pick whatever animal yourself and the textures will go super weird either shiny textures or weird multi-coloured texture glitch
What happens when the bug occurs? Animal will go weird textured either shiny or multi-coloured
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the normal pattern and colour of the animal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was 2 updates ago before that I was absolutely fine

Sorry for the bad picture but this is what it looks like 

Message 14 of 31 (1,187 Views)

Re: Animals textures keep glitching

Hero
@RebeccaMcKenna13 I can't really tell from the picture but does your cat have a collar on ? That's known to cause graphics issues on console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 31 (1,145 Views)

★★ Novice

I did have a collar on however the problem is still occurring after me taking the collar off 

Message 16 of 31 (1,121 Views)

Hero
@RebeccaMcKenna13 If you create a brand new pet that never had a collar, does that glitch out too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 31 (1,101 Views)

Dog CAS issue the sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EPO2: asset.live-ep02.217
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, Eco lifestyle, Island living, Seasons, Cats and dogs, Get together, Get to work, Journey to batuu, Realm of magic, Strangerville, Dine out, Tiny living, Movie hangout stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a dog in CAS, I created a pit bull no matter what pattern I add to the dog or change the color i get a weird texture.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a weird coloring on a dog created in CAS and this cannot be changed
What do you expect to see? The color should be what the swatches show in the photo or some variant of it.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Photos attached of the issue, I have not painted on the dog in CAS and I have tried many coat swatches with varying weird textures coming up. The men in CAS keep adding eyeshadow even when I remove it. 

Females and cats seem unaffected. 

Message 18 of 31 (1,021 Views)

Re: Dog CAS issue the sims 4

Hero
@abbyxxl47 Could you test what happens if you remove the collar ?

Please use this for the makeup issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS-XB-Sim-randomly-wearing-M-A-C-makeup/td-p/10205737 (although that's also happening for female)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 31 (984 Views)

Pixelated Pets The Sims 4 - Console

★ Novice

Platform:Xbox Series S
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? SP11: 1.assets.live-sp11.217
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all content installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the hanging clothes in the rounded clothes- hanging cubby by be modular with the everyday casual hanging clothes with the rounded wall shelf at the bottom click change sim click pet I clicked on the tails as it said there was new content so I clicked it to get rid of that came out of it right away which caused the bug and then went to outfits which caused it or the cat
What happens when the bug occurs? the pets became pixelated and didn't un pixelate themselves after I left CAS and saved stupidly as it of course kept the bug but my game started to lag and then crashed not long after.
What do you expect to see? for them to look not pixel like

Additional information: Xbox Series S  Gamer tag: TG UNiCoRN x    Happened in create a sim in the pet part,  happened on 14/06/2021 at 22:04GMT   this is the first time this has happened for me and has only affected the one household as I haven't tried it on any other households just in case

Message 20 of 31 (1,061 Views)