by WCoastSavy

Original Post

[XB1] Losing my business when moving households

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Console
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Get To Work, Laundry, Seasons, Pets, Dine out, Kitchen Stuff & Sims City
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a household , purchase a business you built from scratch , them move across the street to a new house & BOOM you no longer own a business & you CANT buy you business back furnished
What happens when the bug occurs? While owning business Retail,Vet shop or restaurant I noticed when I move households (because I built a better house) my Sim no longer owns the business. Which requires me to BUY BACK my business, okay fine but I WONT let me buy the business back furnished, this is inconvenient because I have to re decorate and re-train employees.
What do you expect to see? I expect my business to still be mine even though I moved houses , I expect to get the money if y’all are going to automatically sell it , I expect to buy it back furnished.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

While owning business Retail,Vet shop or restaurant I noticed when I move households (because I built a better house) my Sim no longer owns the business. Which requires me to BUY BACK my business, okay fine but IT WONT let me buy the business back furnished, this is inconvenient because I have to re decorate and re-train employees., y’all don’t even give me the money that from my business that you automatically sold when I moved ACROSS THE STREET 

Message 1 of 2 (1,449 Views)

Re: Losing my business when moving households

[ Edited ]
Hero

@WCoastSavy There was a thread for this on PC here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Restaurant-Vet-Clinic-Retail-Store-get-lost-on-moving/m-p/8703... and I tested but wasn't able to duplicate this. My Sims kept their businesses fine.

Did you test this on a pre-patch game or a new one ?

Did you patch yesterday ? Please enter your game version: You can find the version by highlighting the game on the home screen for and then pressing back button. You can then select version history and it will give you the version just not the whole decimal number (instructions might be a bit off cause I don't know exactly how it works for XB1, This is how it works for PS4)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,420 Views)