by dreadknigh192

Original Post

[XB1] Losing collectible inventory items when loading

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, get to work, vampires, dine out, vintage glamour stuff, perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? collect metal, crystal or plant material (harvested fruit/flowers or cuttings) in inventory then travel. All collected material dissappears. Books, upgrade parts, science inventions and fish don't seem to be affected. Edit: Also only seems to affect my main sim (and household) of vampires and one is a scientist with a home lab and a lot of material cloning.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to collect plants and mineralsfrom sixam to create serums, and after traveling back with them they dissappear.
What do you expect to see? I keep the materials collected when returning home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get to work or the latest patch as both were done at same time.

Edit: Also only seems to affect my main sim (and household) of vampires and one is a scientist with a home lab and a lot of material cloning.

Make it impossible to make some serums as a scientist. I travel to sixam for materials but can never bring them back and no other way of getting them.

Message 1 of 3 (445 Views)

Re: [XB1] Losing collectible inventory items when loading

EA Staff

Hi @dreadknigh192

We have not been able to reproduce this so far. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks! 

Message 2 of 3 (371 Views)

Re: [XB1] Losing collectible inventory items when loading

★ Novice
Yes i am still experiencing the issue, but it only affect the 1 sim family, none of the other sim families on that save are effected by this.
So I have the feeling it might have something to do with that sim or the home lot as my sim is trained in everything, done most jobs to top level and clones items using the scientist cloning device as well as being a 2,188 day old vampire with almost 3,000 spare vampiric power points (to give an idea of how much hes been played) and the home has a lot of collectibles on display (a lot of those where cloned too) as well as being a large home with lots of other items in.
Also, not sure if this is important but he also has an evil clone created at the science lab.

I have also created a video of the glitch occuring if you want to see it
Message 3 of 3 (317 Views)