by AbC1203a6689831

Original Post

[XB1] Live mode menus stay open

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for a while and one of the menus will pop up and be unable to close
What happens when the bug occurs? Menu will open and stay open and you will not be able to close it
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to close the menus
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Menus (relationships, career, needs, etc.) will open seemingly randomly and will not close or clear off screen.

Message 1 of 10 (978 Views)

Re: [XB1] Live mode menus stay open

EA app Team

Hi @AbC1203a6689831,

Let me ask something just to make sure I understand - have you tried to press the right stick? This pins the panels and might help you unpin them as well, so they hide when you are not using the menu.

Does that help?

-Mai

Message 2 of 10 (915 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't think so but I will check the next time it happens and let you know. Thanks

Message 3 of 10 (903 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks for trying, we will be here when you find the time Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 10 (893 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I click the right stick, it does nothing to the panels.  It centers on the controlled sim and I am still unable to close the menus that pop up unexpectedly.  Thanks anyway Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @AbC1203a6689831,

That's indeed strange... I don't think pressing right stick should center the camera to your Sim in any situation Oops Just to make sure, by right stick I mean the number 10 'button' in this image:

Xbox controller

So, if you are in live mode, then press (3 ) to navigate through the UI, go to the panel you have open, and press (10) while you have it selected, it doesn't close?

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 6 of 10 (835 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, in Live Mode number 10 centers on the active sim

Message 7 of 10 (810 Views)

EA app Team

You are right, @AbC1203a6689831, my bad - while you are in Live Mode, pressing the right stick while you are in game centers camera in your Sim. If you are navigating the menus, behavior of right stick is different.

Please, try the following:

• Press right stick, which will move the camera to your Sim, so we are sure you are using the cursor and not the menus.
  • Press view button (3 in the picture) to toggle to menu
  • Navigate through the menu to the menu/panel that's permanently open
  • Once you have reached the panel, press the right stick. This should make the panel not permanent instead of centering your Sim.

Let me know if that's not clear enough Standard smile

-Mai

Message 8 of 10 (802 Views)

★★ Novice

I think you might be describing the same thing that happening to me. I try to use the cursor, and when I click on an object in game, suddenly one of the menus pops up, as if my cursor and been on it (trust me, it's not!). I'll move the left stick to try to navigate through it, but my cursor will move on screen AND the little hover-over-pop-up-window things will display in the menu - Basically I'm using the cursor AND navigating the UI at the same time, which shouldn't be happening. And I can't click anything. I can usually temporarily fix it by going to manage worlds (the pause menu kind of overrides anything else happening in game) and then going back into my household. Unfortunately the problem repeats itself after some time. 

Message 9 of 10 (742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I think the UI is getting confused between the free to move mouse to the structured mode of selection as it shows both of those at the same time when this happens and I have to repeatedly press 'O' to back out of it all. This happens on PS4.
Message 10 of 10 (676 Views)