by RenasaiHaru

Original Post

[XB1] Lag after latest update and saving takes long

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.11.5.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Parenthood, Backyard Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Kid's Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bug occurs sometimes, nothing specific seems to trigger it.
What happens when the bug occurs? On some lots, my game is extremely laggy and difficult to play due to choppiness. Also, sometimes while saving my game, it will take up to 10-15 minutes to finish saving.
What do you expect to see? Smooth gameplay and a reasonable amount of time to save. (1-2 minutes?)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Parenthood, Backyard Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Kid's Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bug occurs sometimes, nothing specific seems to trigger it.
What happens when the bug occurs? On some lots, my game is extremely laggy and difficult to play due to choppiness. Also, sometimes while saving my game, it will take up to 10-15 minutes to finish saving.
What do you expect to see? Smooth gameplay and a reasonable amount of time to save. (1-2 minutes?)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No

The problem started after the latest console update/patch with skylights and frame rate change.

Message 1 of 4 (573 Views)

[XB1] Lag after recent Xbox patch

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work/City Living/Cats and Dogs/Get Together/Vampires/Parenthood/Toddler Stuff/Kid's Room Stuff/Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bug occurs generally
What happens when the bug occurs? The game is incredibly laggy and it's hard to move my game camera and arrow around. When entering a lot, the textures aren't fully loaded and that also causes the game to lag even more. When leaving a lot, the screen greys out like it would when you're about to switch to the travel loading screen, but the screen stays greyed out on the lot for several minutes before switching to the loading screen. Also, the loading screens are agonizingly longer than usual. This started after the Xbox fps and skylight update.
What do you expect to see? Smooth gameplay that doesn't lag. (Like it used to be) And loading screens that don't take 10 minutes at a time.

This started after the Xbox fps and skylight update. Please correct it. The game is very slow and choppy. It's become difficult to play at this point and is very discouraging while waiting through 10 minute loading screens. I have never ever had this problem before the previous update. It's not my packs because the only pack I got after this update was Get Together and my game is just as laggy. My game was smooth before this. 

Message 2 of 4 (553 Views)

[XB1] Sims 4 stuck on saving for over an HOUR!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, cats and dogs, get to work, get together, vampires, parenthood, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens randomly, but usually during build mode when I try to save progress
What happens when the bug occurs? After I saved, my game stayed on "Saving" for over an hour! Absolutely ridiculous! I actually recorded the time during. It's still saving now so I can't get an accurate version number.
What do you expect to see? Saving that doesn't last forever so that players don't get bored and give up or have to turn off their systems and lose their progress! Maybe at the MOST 2 minutes.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Seriously, why are there so many bugs I have to report in such a small period of time?? Over 45 minutes to quick save build progress? Really? 

Message 3 of 4 (514 Views)

Re: [XB1] Sims 4 stuck on saving for over an HOUR!

EA Staff

Hi @RenasaiHaru @022301 

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thank you very much! Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (414 Views)