Re: [XB1] Keeps crashing after university install (unplayable)

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

[XB1] Keeps crashing after university install (unplayable)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bowling night stuff, cats and dogs, city living, cool kitchen stuff, dine out, discover university, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, jungle adventure, movie hang out stuff, outdoor retreat, realm of magic, seasons, spa day, strangerville, tiny living, vampires, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While using expansion discover university load into game world (specifically glimmerbrook) game crashes within a minute every time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game will play normally for perhaps one minute, freeze for a second or two, and crash to Xbox one x dashboard.
What do you expect to see? Game should play normally and not crash.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I recently bought discover university and installed it.

I'm certain the problem is with discover university as I have not had this problem before buying and installing it yesterday. When discover university is uninstalled the game doesn't seem to crash at all. 

Message 1 of 3 (509 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have similar problem.  I'm playing university for the first time on xbox and it keeps crashing every 20-30 min.  Game was ok when sim was living in del sol valley.  Still ok when I play other households.  Just brightchester gives me problems.

Message 2 of 3 (421 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Phaedragona 

Let's see if we can help improve things. Another member made an excellent post with some topnotch advise on how to do some troubleshooting for an Xbox One. I'll pop a quote of it below:

@samurai_manny wrote:

Freezing or crashing could be caused by a myriad of reasons, but there are ways to get back in the game quicker and possibly deter future hiccups from happening as often.

• If a game freezes, try pressing the home button in the center of your controller to return to the dashboard. Then, with the cursor still on the game icon, press the menu button (the one with three horizontal lines), and navigate to quit. This is a quicker method than restarting the console or going through the trouble of selecting another game just to quit out of a frozen one.
  • If you’re experiencing persistent freezing, a power cycle may do the trick. Press and hold the power button on the console for at least five seconds. Ensure that the console has been powered down for at least 30 seconds, and then hold the home button on the controller to turn your console back on. Your console will take longer to boot up, but this may fix the issue.
  • If you’re dealing with persistent freezing or crashing while playing a specific game, deleting and reinstalling the content in question may correct the problem. Go to your applications and navigate to the game that’s giving you trouble. Afterward, press the home button and choose uninstall. After you uninstall the game, simply navigate to your uninstalled applications in your library, and reinstall the title. Wait for it to install and see if reinstalling the game rectifies the issue.
  • If none of these methods work, you can reboot the console’s resolution settings. If you have a disc in the console, remove it. Then, press and hold the power button on the console for five seconds. After the console light is no longer flashing, press and hold the power button and the disc eject button at the same time.
    • Wait for it to beep twice — this may take as long as 10 seconds. Make sure your television is set to AV output, as this button combination alters the display resolution. When your console boots up, don’t be alarmed by the lower resolution.
    • Go to display and sound in your console settings. The resolution will be 640 x 480. Change the resolution to either 1080p or 720p. Whichever your TV supports. If it’s 1080p, change the video fidelity back to 50Hz. If it’s 720p, change the video fidelity to 24Hz. Afterward, insert the disc and your game should run without a hitch.

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Could you give those steps a try and let us know how you get on with them? If they've been helpful, consider giving that members post some XP here.

Thanks, 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 3 (374 Views)