by RenasaiH

Original Post

[XB1] Items disappearing into inventory while building

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter Build Mode from the world map, not a household. Then build a house and try to furnish it.
What happens when the bug occurs? First problem: Random items will disappear several minutes after placing. I will place an item, then continue to build in another part of the house only to turn around and find windows, doors or counters missing. I've had to go back to "check" on items or replace them several times. Second problem: While trying to place an item while in Build Mode, the item will immediately disappear after I press the button to place it and a message saying "Moved 1 item(s) to household inventory" will pop up. There is no inventory. The household inventory is not available in that mode because I'm not building from an active household. No one lives on that lot. So now I can't get past making a kitchen because the game will not allow me to place a counter in a normal spot. I'm not pressing any other buttons, only enter.
What do you expect to see? I want items that I placed to stay put and not disappear into an inventory that isn't accessible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have (bb.moveobjects on) enabled, but if that's the problem, why aren't the other counters/windows next to the item I'm trying to place doing the same thing? It's just random items.
Also, the windows that are disappearing are not intersecting. They are placed a good distance from each other and are on both sides of the solid white line in the grid. I know this because I had a problem with windows intersecting after the "free place" update. I learned that they needed to have a solid line in the grid between both of them to be placed correctly, so that's not the problem either.

In the screenshots below, I showed a roll of paper towels disappearing when I tried to place the counter in a different spot. But not only the paper towels would disappear even though it says "1 item moved". After it removed the paper towels from the counter, I would click on the counter and the ENTIRE counter including the remaining bread box would delete.

Even if I moved the counter NEXT TO the one with the paper towels and bread box, it would still move the paper towels to the "household inventory" even though it's on a separate counter. Then the entire counter would delete after clicking on it.

Sometimes it's one item on top of an object, sometimes all items on top of an object, sometimes it's the entire object, and sometimes it's the result of moving an object next to it.

Message 1 of 5 (1,450 Views)

Re: [XB1] Items disappearing into inventory while building

Hero
@Renasai3 MoveObjects does currently have some issues.

Does the same happen if you turn it off for testing ?

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CHEAT-Moveobjects-Moo-Causing-items-to-disappear-o...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Wall-Object-Moving-With-Stairs/td-p/9003031

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,404 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict
Just tested it. It doesn't do it while bb.moveobjects is off.
Message 3 of 5 (1,362 Views)

Hero
@Renasai3 To be sure, for you objects just disappear randomly, sometimes when placing other things not when reloading the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it was at random while building.

Message 5 of 5 (1,271 Views)