by TheSolidRequiem

Original Post

[XB1] Game save/load is selective

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? View the condition of a sim both before and after a game save
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim who is dirty, and hungry when a save is created is clean, and not hungry afterward
What do you expect to see? I expect to see consistency as far as sim's status when restoring a save
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Recently I discovered how a sim's status changes between when a game is saved and when the same game data is loaded.  In my experience, a game save should function as a photograph in time allowing a player to restore and continue a session knowing there is nothing that can change between the time of a save/load.

In this image: 

6-29-2020_6-32-57_PM-5v54pkwx.png

it is clearly obvious the sim is dirty.  Everything on the sim:  hair, clothes, and face shows they are indeed dirty.  I saved the game with this sim's appearance being as it shows.  When I loaded my game save, this is the sim's appearance:

6-29-2020_6-32-57_PM-5gitgim0.png

As can be seen the sim is no longer dirty.  Everything about the sim has changed - and the sim's physical position has changed.  In some cases, I have noted sims have changed  clothes when I reloaded.

As I said - a game save should act as a moment in time - saving the sim's status and not in a selective manner.  During my tests, I noted the process of saving a game may last anywhere between 10 seconds and 3 minutes.  During the longer game saves, the game continues to run in the background - yet the player is frozen.  I have seen sims move during a save.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 1 (199 Views)