Re: [XB1] Game Crashes

by SimGuruJoystick

Original Post

Re: Sims 4-crashes xbox1

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@LadyOfVulcanI have the same problem. My game crashes when I try travel, build or buy.
I have Xbox One. My system is set to automatically update my console, but i've done turning the console off and unplugging for 10 seconds few times. Whether I'm playing and trying to travel or what ever or if I'm in build mode and try to save. After doing something in build mode so that I don't lose it I try to save it and it as soon as I do that the dang thing crashes and takes me all the way to my xbox menu. I literally can't do anything.

Message 121 of 666 (1,025 Views)

Re: Sims 4-crashes xbox1

★★ Novice
@Bulwiatko Ugh. It's awful. Mine has gotten worse since my last post. Now it will alsi crash while saving sometimes. And other times it will crash during regular gameplay with no warning.
Message 122 of 666 (954 Views)

Sims 4 xbox one crashes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Spoiler

My game has been crashing 12x in the past 24hrs everytime I go into build mode or go to a new location it shuts off and i have to start the game all over again. 

It is very frustrating paying money for a game I can't even get through a day in. I've Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I've cleared the cache, I've deleted saves, I've restarted my Xbox, I've cleared space on my Xbox and everything is up to date. 

This has been a problem since university came out. As much as I've  spent I should be able to go in and out of build mode and travel anytime I want for as many times as I want without the game turning off and having to turn the game back on. Especially with that first loading screen being long af. 

I took a video of what happens but can't upload it to the forum bc it doesn't accept mp4.

Message 123 of 666 (871 Views)

Re: [Open][XB1] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode or the vets

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I have never experienced a crash before, had this game for 2 -3years. 

a day after the July 8 2020 patch, it started crashing after 10 minutes of play. Each and every time since then. 

I have tried uninstalling, resetting my Xbox, clearing cache- everything.  what’s next because this is incredibly frustrating. 

thanks 

Message 124 of 666 (890 Views)

Re: [Open][XB1] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode or the vets

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@kzambelli001 @TASHAZKITTEN The troubleshooting post is here XB1 Crash for Travel/Save/Build/CAS Troubleshooting, it sounds like you have done most of it. I would try deleting your autosave from your console and cloud and letting the game generate a new one. This has helped others but not everyone.

Other users have had success migrating their sims to a new save by saving everything they want to save into the library and placing them in a new game. A thread discussing this is here Very Frequent Blue Screen Crashes

PS4 users are submitting saves to the bug team to have this looked at, unfortunately only PS4 and PC users can share saves.

Message 125 of 666 (873 Views)

Re: Sims 4 xbox one crashes

★ Guide
@TASHAZKITTEN Upload the video to YouTube then attach the link onto the comment..
That's the only way.. I had the same issue as you nothing would load or it just wouldn't allow me to attach the file.
Message 126 of 666 (817 Views)

Re: [XB1] Game Crashes

EA Sims Team

Hi there,

I see that you are on an older version of the game 1.27.3.2300.

Please update to the newest version that came out recently which is 1.28.72.2300 and see if that fixes your issue.

That update had some fixes to reported crashes that were happening.

Thanks!

Message 127 of 666 (585 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper are Any more updates due for this issue? It's still happening on my console... 😴
Message 128 of 666 (788 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@helenajade863 My last update was just above your post.
Message 129 of 666 (866 Views)

Sims 4 build mode crash console

★ Novice

Since the last update ( Xbox) whenever I exit build mode after adding or building something the games crashes.

Message 130 of 666 (866 Views)