Re: Game Breaking Crash

by gators82577

Original Post

Xbox One crashing for Sims 4

★ Apprentice

My Sims 4 on Xbox One keeps crashing. When I travel when I build. I have tried everything to trouble shoot. Please help me.

Message 21 of 666 (3,822 Views)

Re: Xbox One crashing for Sims 4

Hero (Retired)

@mrsnjohnson07  There was a patch yesterday, is it still doing this after the patch?

Message 22 of 666 (3,803 Views)

Re: Issues when trying to travel and save the game

★★★ Novice

I've had similar issues. I'm on xbox one and have lost hours in gameplay as well as when I load the game back up it takes 20 plus minutes to load the game in. So it's like I'm spending 80% of my time in loading screens just for it to crash every time I save again. Then I have to replay those few minutes or if I forget to save for a while 30 mins. I cant travel right now unless i want to spend over an hour in loading screens just to get somewhere because it crashes 90% of the time when I try to travel and 80 when I try to save. It's getting frustrating and I ended up rage quitting on sims last night because it will not let me save. I have tried every single troubleshooting step and even contacted ea support but nothing is working. Everything is up to date and I check every single day for a new update because this is awful.

Message 23 of 666 (3,811 Views)

Re: Issues when trying to travel and save the game

★ Guide

Hello I can understand how frustrating this is as it happened alot to me and it made me just want to uninstall the game all together but the amount of money that has been spent id be loosing out. 

Have you activated the cheats? 

The way I resolved the issue without support from ea was saving the houses I made to my library and making a new save then deleted the previous save with issues 

It now allows me to travel the issue is still there but its very less frequent that it crashes its still frustrating but I believe on one of the houses I've used glitched out when useing cheats. 

Message 24 of 666 (3,789 Views)

[XB1] Game Breaking Crash

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.2300 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except StrangerVille, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Moschino Stuff Pack, Laundry Day Stuff Pack, TOddler Stuff Pack, and Spooky Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Before I installed University, the game would seem to work normally but as I built more houses and added more Sims, the game would crash when visiting residential and community lots that were 64x64 and 50x50. This would happen most commonly when trying to travel to another lot (crash would happen while the game was loading), when it would try to enter live mode after exiting the create a sim mode, and when I would try to manually save the game. It seemed to help that I change the population limit from unlimited to 200 (and then 100) but it would still happen after playing for a while without it crashing (like it would inevitably crash so playing it for long periods of time became worthless). Since I have installed university, the issue of the game crashing has been expanded from just the larger sized lots (64x64, 50x50) into the smaller ones, most notably the penthouse apartment in the Fashion District of San Myshuno. Now, the crashes happen when trying to go in and out of buy mode and trying to access the clubs menu along the bottom of the screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? The screen goes to black, and then returns the user to the Xbox One home screen. I am forced to restart the game and hope that the Auto Save went into effect, otherwise the progress made since the last save was eliminated.
What do you expect to see? The game to not crash and work properly instead of quitting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am taking the issues from this thread and bringing them over to the bug report section as requested (though I am unsure what the difference between bugs and technical issues are but here I am doing what I am told years after bring this issue to light for no solution to be brought up).  I am going to request that whomever locked the thread can reopen it or post a message in it to have the 8 pages of people complaining about this issue come here and report what makes their games crash since I am not alone with this.  I have also recorded a video of this happening on my phone that I am seemingly unable to upload since it is not being sent to my computer like I was hoping it would, I will add it once that happens.  Please fix this since I have poured so much money into these games just to have that money go completely wasted since I haven't been able to play the ONE expansion pack I was really looking forward to using.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims-4-keeps-crashing-during-game-play-Xbox-One/...

Message 25 of 666 (3,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@gators82577 Can you please change to the correct game version in your post? 

When you do the version cheat in game, you have to scroll all the way to the top to where it says "base." The numbers after "Base" is the game version.

Edit: Do you have a video of the crash you can attach?

Message 26 of 666 (3,525 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello, 

I was able to edit the post to replace the base game version # so that has been corrected. I just tried to upload the video I took but this says that it is an extension that is unsupported by this website. Is there another way I can get the video to someone to analyze it?

Message 27 of 666 (3,482 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@gators82577  You can upload it to a google drive or youtube and supply the link if you can't get the video to embed using the post tools.

I've embedded video that I saved from my Playstation into a post before using the insert a video in the post tools but I am not certain the format XBox uses for its video clips.

Or did you just record it on your phone? You may need to download it to your PC and use a program to save it in another video format. 

Message 28 of 666 (3,473 Views)

Constantly blinking out!

★ Apprentice

Please fix this issue, cutting off during traveling, taking pictures, loading the gallery, placing lots. It's unplayable.

Message 29 of 666 (3,735 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am not sure if I am able to record it straight from the xbox since I don't think I can set things to record after the game has fully exited and been brought back to the home screen.  I can try it again later today and see if that is possible.  In the meantime, I was able to upload the video I took on my phone to google drive, and I have the shareable link posted here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RZml_IVBgGmAV9qkiMfsVAwBk0eKNcCa  

I will attempt to take more videos of this later and upload them since I really want to get back into playing this game.  If there are certain circumstances that I should test out and record to see their results then let me know.  Thank you for your help thus far, I hope some sort of right direction can be found here.

Message 30 of 666 (3,397 Views)