Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [XB1] [GTW] Scientist career crash

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.16.19.2300 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join your SIM at work in the Santa Square, the crash will happen in under a minute. You don’t even do anything, it will just crash.
What happens when the bug occurs? After arriving at work, the game in less than a minute will completely freeze and then a loud noise will fill the screen. A few seconds later, the screen goes black and you’re sent to the Xbox 1 home screen.
What do you expect to see? I expect to get to play the career and not have it crash the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’ve been having a similar problem on my game the last week (I installed the July 16,2019  update and still have no change in this bug) . I follow my Sim to the scientist place at work and within the first minute of the game it stalls and then completely crashes. I’m playing on an Xbox 1, so I’m not sure what I should try to do to reboot the game. I was able to go to work with my Sim multiple times before with no problems at all, but I can’t seem to get rid of this bug.

I am wondering if the reason for the crash is because I placed a few items (an alien and a gem) from my inventory into the lab to decorate it , but I am unable to put those items back into my inventory because the game crashes too quickly for me to interact with the items. I’ve also had this same crash happen with any sim I use, and it doesn’t happen in the doctor or detective careers. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 6 (815 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [XB1] [GTW] Scientist career crash

Hero

Scientist Sims placing collected crystals and metals in their Laboratory no longer crash the game. Do you ever science so hard, the simulation crashes?

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (574 Views)

All Replies

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @Kowallibear!

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to fill out this bug report!

We are currently investigating this issue and it would be super helpful if you could help us answering a couple of questions that we ran into while testing:

On July 22nd we rolled out a patch that updated the game to the 1.17 version.

Did you update your game to the newest version already and checked if those crashes still occur?

Also, it would be very helpful if you could tell us the OS version of your XBox by following these 4 simple steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  2. Select System > Settings.
  3. Select System > Console info.
  4. Your OS version is located in the second row.

Last but not least, would you mind telling us a little more about that alien and the gem that you talked about? Could you maybe provide us with the specific item names or a photo of said items? That would be great! Standard smile

Thanks so much and Happy Simming!!! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 6 (752 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I updated and the crashes still occur. My version of the game is: 1.17.4.2300 (64 Bit) 

The OS version of my XBox 1 is: 10.0.18362.5047

The specific name of the alien and gem that my sm found while digging I can't remember, but I have attached a picture. I tried to quickly scroll to them to see if I could highlight the names, but that made the game crash. I initially just thought I would empty my sim's inventory and decorate the lab with it, but ever since I did that the crashes would happen. I don't have enough time to even select the items to put back into my inventory before the game stalls and crashes. 

Thanks so much for your help on this! Keep me in the loop on what could fix it. 

Message 3 of 6 (731 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul again and thanks so much, @Kowallibear!

I have added the info that you provided to our existing ticket so our team can further investigate this issue now. :eahigh_file:
Of course, our team will make sure to reach out to you if there is anything else that you can help us with. However, the info that you provided should proof very useful so I guess we're good for now!
Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 6 (698 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimGuruKuxiku Is there any updates on this being fixed?
Message 5 of 6 (666 Views)

Hero

Scientist Sims placing collected crystals and metals in their Laboratory no longer crash the game. Do you ever science so hard, the simulation crashes?

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (575 Views)