[XB1] Cursor Issues after last console update

by csolario

Original Post

[XB1] Cursor Issues after last console update

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Base Game, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game with the latest XB1 update (April 2018). Use the left stick or d-pad to navigate the map or CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? On the map, when pressing down (on the d-pad or left stick) the cursor goes automatically to create a new family to move in, instead of moving just one house/building down. It takes ages of trial and error to select the correct household. For example, my main family is in 1010 Alto Apartment in San Myshuno, the UI cursor always starts at Jasmine apartments, I just have to keep pressing left, right and up until I get lucky enough for the cursor to land where I want it, In CAS when trying to choose an item of clothing or shoes etc, if I press up the cursor hops to the top to to the filter section and won't go back down to the clothes. Or if I try to choose a hairstyle but press up it jumps to the color selection. I have also had issues with cursor doubling in live mode, where there is the main cursor and also the alt UI cursor being controlled at the same time. I didn't notice any triggers for this.
What do you expect to see? On the map, I expect the UI cursor to just move down one building. In CAS I just want to go up to another item in the category.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. My Xbox updated late April.

I have seen others mention the cursor doubling

Message 1 of 1 (237 Views)